Future Firefox / Seamonkey not protected

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dew_veil, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dew_veil

dew_veil Registered Member

Hello,

I've been using SpywareBlaster for quite a long time with IE, Firefox, Mozilla Suite, and Seamonkey 1.x and I like it very much, especially the tracing cookies protection.

Now I'm using the "future" Firefox - aka Firefox 3 (b3 or b4), aka Minefield, or "trunk builds", and also using future SeaMonkey (2.0a1pre), and I noticed that these are not protected with a list of sites which can't set cookies (in "Exceptions", for Firefox, the list is blank, and it's also blank in "Cookie Sites" in SeaMonkey)

It looks as though SpywareBlaster isn't detecting them as being installed, and I have "all protections enabled" for Mozilla/Firefox. Indeed, the older versions of Firefox (1.5x... and probably 2.xxx, I can't test the latter because I don't have it installed), and of Seamonkey (1.xxx) are protected against tracing cookies, with a long list of sites.
    But the newest "future" versions aren't protected.

I'm convinced that many people are now using these "new" versions of the browsers, just like me, and would like to be protected against tracing cookies with SpywareBlaster. (I don't use IE... ;)

Would it be possible to check that, and make SB detect the browsers, in a near future version?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.