Fusion Linux 14 Thorium - Fedora Plus Plus

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hats off - here's my long, thorough review of Fusion Linux 14 Thorium, a Fedora-based distribution designed to work out of the box, covering look and feel with Mint menu and Windows 7 like pinned applications, Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba, Compiz effects, applications choice, multimedia support - Flash, MP3, QuickTime, Microsoft Media Server (MMS), installation in a dual-boot setup, post-install script, easy printing, stability, suspend & resume, system resources, as well as problems like Gnome crashes, SELinux annoyances, badly configured programs, comparison to other RedHat-based distributions, and more. Enjoy.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fusion-linux-14.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Wow a really nice Fedora fork? This is an alternative universe right? Geez, mebbe someday Opensuse will make it easy to install new ppas and then I'll know we are in BizzaroLand(tm).

3. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

too many beta softwares firefox out of box crash 4 crashes

i cannot comment this distro as i didnt download it yet or install it but too much crashes dispointed me also too many beta programes :eek: (not a good sign)

hope after the update there is diffrent story

overall again

one of very nice and genuine review Mrkvonic :thumb:

one thing i guss Mrkvonic you miss or didnt put some light on is Ailurus (ubuntu tweak) kinda tool hope in future or in your funduntu review

so far fedora stability i am using fedora 13 as default and fedora 14 on my usb LVM and enrypted mode not even single crash on them run fast and smooth stable what else i want

yes long term support LOOL :D

so Scientific is again a good Suggestion form your site to everyone who looking for longterm distro :thumb:

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Mrkvonixc is the world champ of multiple operating systems. You can't boot too many distros, lol.

There's probably plenty of room to run them all on modern computers.

5. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Mrkvonic just posted a review of Fusion 14 Thorium... he reports a few crashes and it may have more software than most newbies would ever use but I suppose its easier to remove software you don't need than to find software you must have.

Its a new Fedora Remix distro so flaws are to be expected but bottom line and my view is somewhat from his verdict would be it shows a lot of promise as a remix and things can only get better in the future... if the developers work twice as hard to make the next version twice as better.

The review can be found here:

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fusion-linux-14.html

He'll be reviewing Fuduntu next week.

Cheers!

6. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Hvala Igor. Nice review as usual.
    Strange mixed bag of distros though...
    User friendly mint menu and SELinux, tons of apps (I mean 'Blender'...really?), gnome crashes on live and install usage but also easy printing.
    Seems like hardcore + user-friendly + everything + kitchen sink.

Anyway, thanks for the review, saves me a download and multiple hours.

Baserk (lazy mint julia/LMDE user)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.