Funny observation on IRC. Why doesn't anyone respond on it? Why is it always idle?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DesuMaiden, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I went some IRC (Internet Relay Chatrooms) recently and I noticed there were about 30-40 users. Yet nobody was responding to any of my comments. Nobody was responding to anything I typed. Everyone is idle. Nobody responds back. I keep on commenting ...yet nobody responds back. Why is that?

I heard somewhere that IRC is all FBI or bots. Very few people are neither. So very few IRC chatter are not FBI agents of bots. Is that true? Not that it matters since I would never give out identifying personal info on IRC, especially when I'm trying to be anonymous on IRC.

I route IRC safely through Tor, by the way. I will NEVER accidentally route my real ip through IRC without first routing it through Tor, like what Sabu did. :D So nobody will EVER know my real ip address on IRC. Thereby allowing me to stay anonymous on it.

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

In some IRC chatrooms, the users never log off. They just meet at predermined times that are convenient for each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.