[Function Request] Registry Guard and ADfilter Possible?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by guojc, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guojc

guojc Registered Member

I find the registry guard in KIS and ADfilter of outpost firewall are quite usefull. And I think both are not too hard to implement. Is there possible we will have them in future vesion of ESS

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

An Adfilter and pop up blocker will be great

3. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

how about a HIPS :D that will be great

4. FiSz

FiSz Registered Member

-1 for adfilter, web browser should take out all ads not firewall/antivirus.

please do not add unneeded features like ad-filter,dns cache ... and things like that. This is security suite! how will ad-filter improve security of your system? So please antivirus and firewall only.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  5. MNKid

MNKid Registered Member

I agree.

I mean, with Firefox, NoScript, and Adblock Plus, I haven't had an ad in months.
    I don't want or need adblocking it in a security suite. Adding more & more features is how these suites gets so bloated.

Just focus on the basics, please.

MNKid

6. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

I agree to the Ad-blocker suggestion because, for the ones like me, who use IE, FF and Opera, it's easier and better to have incoming filtering at the antivirus/firewall/suite level, because it allows to configure the settings only once and not in each browser separately. Also if Firefox has ADblock, which is good, Opera doesn't allow such "wildcards" and you have to block things separately. I don't even talk about IE or MSN Messenger...
    But, I also am OK with the idea that's not high priority.

I also, and this time, completely and with no restriction :p, agree with the HIPS suggestion. It would be very useful to detect suspicious actions (DLL injection, registry keys monitoring, driver creation, etc.) which would help with leak detection and overall security.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

In my opinion HIPS and registry guard is good but u can cover it with other better applications like SSM, PS, AD, RD etc, keeping the suite lighter.

A behavioral blocker with be a rather very nice addition to the heuristics.
    KAV PDMs have a very nice behave analyzer that detects trojans, worms, rootkits etc generically on execution just by behaviour analysis rather than file heuristics. Even Norton has added this feature!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.