full scan intermittent non_alerts

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by poogimmal, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

I've been using registered version TDS3 about 60 days. I update radius everyday and I run a full system scan about once a week on average. the only anomaly I've seen with TDS3 is that I keep a copy of GRC leaktest exe and zip on hdd, and on 2 occasions TDS3 did not alarm to leaktest when doing full scan. normally it finds both. unclear how non_alarm could have happened. the first time it was suggested maybe the DL of radius had corrupted, ever since then I note & compare the radius md5 with every update. the non_alert to leaktest happened at least once again (& maybe twice). any idea what caused TDS3 to miss leaktest. any chance this is indication of hidden malcode. fwiw, Process Guard does not like my w2k_sp4. but day in and day out, no problems with TDS3 otherwise and Port Explorer runs aok and indicates nothing unusual.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    i really have not the slightest idea why the leaktest is not alarmed on a few times. I'll pay special attention on it in my scans.
    I don't think of malware, i would more think detection changed slightly if the radius itself is ok. The coverage is so large by now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.