Full problem report...

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by KoreanBoy, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoreanBoy

KoreanBoy Registered Member

Well, I tested beta2 and so far, most of the problems I noticed as relevant in beta 1 are still there. I'll try to explicit them one by one, and what cases they occur.

1- PG Usermode aspect ( procguard.exe ) crashes and closes, if an "unwanted" program is loaded 2-3 times, and execution protection is on.

2- BSOD (bad pool header) on several global Hooking programs. For instance, I have Visual Studio 2003. All the visual studio -related *.exe are on the list with full privilleges, and PG is in learning mode (this doesn't matter to the case, since I tested with or without, with same results).
    The system immediatly gives a BSOD as soon as I load a project file, even with "learning" and execution protection. I tryed uninstalling (deleting pguard.dat and hash too), and reinstalling... same results. The only way I can load a project file is by disabling the protection.
    I tryed with an empty list (nothing being protected), no special options like physical memory, etc... and protection enabled (protecting nothing) and still got a BSOD. Odd isn't it ?
    Same thing happens with Norton antivirus, Nero Burning rom.

3- It doesn't save the protection options. I tryed reinstalling Pguard (complete) , doing several restarts, but it never saves my protection options,
    like "physical memory protection", "block global hooks"...
    It DOES save when i disable protection, but thats the only thing that saves, whether or not the protection is ON.

4- Long periods of inactivity... let's say... 4 hours, pg crashes/closes.
    I have Windows XP SP2 with DEP only for "common system" (the default option). This might be the causer of this or not.. I don't know.

5- Block new and changed works for "block new", but some changed programs arr skipped on the " 'check' if changed " part.

6 -Some hardware changes makes Pguard crash. I connected an USB device, and Pg closed. After installing the device, all went well. I plugged in another, with same results.

7 - The "register" button never leaves the main screen. Shouldn't it leave after we enter the valid key ?

Sorry but those were the troubles I got with Pguard3. There are several threads about one or other problem I referred, but they tend to be very specific, and I tryed to gather the problems I caught.

Keep up.
    :)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Korean boy, Thanks for your comprehensive report:)
    Many of the issues such a (bad pool header) have been fixed in the later private betas, I believe the register tab will be removed after validation.
    I will leave DCS to analyse the rest of your report :D

Cheers. Enjoy your weekend. Pilli

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Thanks for the listing koreanboy, though some of them do seem strange to me, mostly the issues with it not saving your settings.

Since you are having a few problems with the BAD POOL HEADER blue screens it might have something to do with this, and since there are quite a few other things fixed in the latest build most of your issues you presented may already have disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.