full or safe mode

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by shakespeare, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakespeare

shakespeare Registered Member

can't boot from cd and start full mode(although safe mode works). running windows xp home edition 5.1.2600 sservice pack 2 build 2600. tried adding acpi=off noapic to linux command but nothing changed. tried following directions to generate sysinfo.txt but receievd an error message after mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir. double checked everything to make sure there were no typos. looks like i did everything right. need to be able to start full mode from cd. what next?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well it is safe to assume your system doesn't have a floppy drive :) .You can make the sysinfo file to your hard drive. In XP Accessories\System Tools\SysInfo click on File\SaveAs choose a name and you'll have a system.nfo file.

What exactly happens - do you get to the Acronis Loading ..... or just the flashing rectabgle on the top left of screen, do you get any error message?

Is this a new motherboard, ram etc, what doesn't work whilst using safe mode?

Colin

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  3. shakespeare

shakespeare Registered Member

i can only use safe mode. i need full mode to change drive letters-i've used ti9 to image my old c drive to another drive (k) and I need to change k to c (i'm removing the old drive). i have a floppy drive (a) and a blank, formatted floppy in the drive when trying to obtain the sysinfo file. when i boot from the disk, i get a screen that has 3 choices: safe mode, full mode, and continue to windows xp. if i choose full mode, the loader starts but never loads dd10, rather it simply reboots. my computer is a compaq presario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.