full computer backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oilbath, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilbath

oilbath Registered Member

I installed acronis yesterday and backed up my whole computer. Now I want to add todays actions to the back up. What do I do? I will want to do this everday.

Thank you
    oilbath

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

You need to read up on Incremental and Differential backups in the Users Guide.

3. oilbath

Thanks Weaz, but where do I find the users guide?

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you changing your computer's configuration every day? By that I mean the installed programs, hardware support, ec. as opposed to just creating new Word documents or receiving and sending email. A new image or incremental image every day would preserve your software and hardware changes, but it may be overkill if you are only changing documents and email.

File backups of data folders are much smaller and faster than full images and are great for keeping data backed up.

6. oilbath

Yes I would like to backup the whole system everyday. Any quick way of doing this?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oilbath,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as other Forum members mentioned you could use incremental or differential image archives in conjunction with full image archive in order to create a reliable backup of your system. If you wish to backup the whole system (including all operating systems, applications and configuration files, software updates, personal settings and data) we recommend that you create disk/partition image. You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Using Acronis True Image you will be able to create a schedule tasks to backup your system periodically. Acronis True Image Schedule Manager is flexible and you can set tasks that suits your needs. Please have a look at Chapter 8. "Scheduling tasks" for more details.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.