full backup showing wrong file name

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stantech1, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stantech1

stantech1 Registered Member

Windows NT SP4; TI 9.1 build 3567

I have a schedule full backup called mybackup.tib and an increment backup called mybackup.tib also. This is a full BU taken every week and an increment every day. Both the schedules set up successfully.

I manually start the full BU schedule. Right click the running task. This show the correct location and process running ok ...\\myserver\myBUfolder mybackup.tib

Problem:
    Looking at myBUfolder, I noticed the saved file shows up as mybackup1.tib and not mybackup.tib. This mean when the schedule increment starts up it flags an error.

Have I got a croupted TI instalation or is it because it is NT. I have the same setup on a Windows 2003 server that runs ok?

If I need to reinstall do is there an uninstall process to follow.
    many thanks for any clues..

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think "mybackup.tib" is the default filename, and Acronis automatically adds the enumerator when a copy of the file already exists.

If you tell it make mybackup.tinb, while it is being made the file will temproarily be named mybackup1.tib, etc. I suppose in case spanning is needed.

Try using a diff name, then the temp name won't conflict with yours.

3. stantech1

Thank you for your reply. I only used mybackup.tib as an example to illustrate the file name changes when it is saved. Eg a “1” is added to the file name what ever I chose.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stantech1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Please note that Acronis True Image creates MyBackup1.tib image (I use MyBackup.tib as an example too :)), if you split the image into several parts. The image can be splitted automatically if you back up to the hard drive with FAT32 file system as the maximum possible size for a file on a FAT32 volume is 4 GB.

Please note also that even if you create the scheduled task to create the incremental image with MyBackup.tib name, Acronis True Image recognizes it and create the incremental image without any problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. stantech1

Thank you for replying Tatyana

I already have Acronis running as you said on a Windows 2003 and 2000 server without any problems.
    My problem seem to be on an NT server.
    If I select a full schedule backup with a file name called full.tib I get the file saved as full1.tib instead of full.tib. If I also start a schedule incremental BU at the came time called full.tib so the cycle starts again when the next schedule full backup is made. I expect the increment file names to be full1.tib; full2.tib; full3.tib.....full5.tib for a five day schedule.

BUT because the full back shows as full1.tib and NOT full.tib an error displayed when the schedule incremental backup tries to start.

Do you get what I meano_O?? It is nothing to do with the file name. A "1" is added to the full.tib.
    BTW I have tried reinstallaing. Is this somthing to do with NT?
    Thank for your help.

BTW2: I have tried to Download build 3677 but the page "no updated available" Is my support out of date?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stantech1,

Please note that if you create scheduled task to create full backup then the backup archive file name is the name you provided in the "Backup Archive Location" (in the "File name" field) window of the wizard. The reason why Acronis True Image might add number to the end of the file name was described by Tatyana (namely, splitting the image into several parts). Also the file MyBakup1.tib (MyBackup2.tib and so on) creates as additional files to MyBackup.tib. So one should have all this files in the stored directory. Please also note that when one creates the incremental backup the file name end with "2" not with "1" (MyBackup2.tib and so on). Therefore, I would recommend that you check that the scheduled task orginized to create the appropriate file name. You can also recreate the scheduled task. If you already have done that and the issue persists please create screen shots of all step-by-step actions which you took to create the scheduled task. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please note that this might be in case you use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows or Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. The latest build for this versions is 3666. Please also note that in order to be able to download the updates your software should be registered. You can register the product in "Product Registration" section of the account using serial number.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.