Full Backup never finishes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Xantur, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xantur

Xantur Registered Member

I have an Acronis True Image 11 on a Windows 2000. A full backup is scheduled every night. The backup worked fine until some weeks ago: Now the backup tells me it needs 28 days to complete.

I tried to set the priority to normal but so far nothing changes.
    I can see no error messages (neither in the event log nor in the app itself).

Any clues what I can do?

Thanks
    Michael

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

destination is full?

Everytime it does a full backup it overwrites the existing file.

3. Xantur

Xantur Registered Member

There is plenty of space left on the destination drive.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Most likely, it is having read or write problems and the retries are what are slowing things down. Very unlikely that you will get a succesful backup in such circumstance.

This could be problem with how the prog is trying to address your drives or a hdick prob. Have you run chckdsk /r on the drives involved?

Other things to try,

Check cables/connections

recreate the task

reinstall ATI

Contact Tech Support and cross your fingers.

5. Xantur

Xantur Registered Member

I have done several checkdisks - and the all turned out ok. Sometimes the scheduled task will be performed as wanted after a reboot but the following night the same problem appears again...

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Also possible that another prog is interfering, in which case, us msconfig to remove all the services and startup progs except the Windows services and ATI. Then see if the backup works. If so, then it just a tedious process of adding things back with msconfig until you find the conflict. A likely candidate is security software in which you haven't marked that ATI executables and services as "allowed."

If nothing else seems to be helping, you can try running memtest overnight and see if your memory has any rare wonky spots.
    http://www.memtest.org/

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xantur,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat, describe the issue and we will send you the link to renew Acronis scheduler, it will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.