Full backup Image to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mal76, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Acronis Support

Thank you fot the reply Ilya.

That is my big please to the Development Team, if they want me to beta test that I will. :) [ask many time to BT never get a reply, so will not hold my breath :D ]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TheQuest,

We are really interested in beta-testers. Please fill in the form at our site http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/beta-testing/registration/. If you have already filled it in please send me a private message with your e-mail address you indicated in the form. I am sure this situation can be fixed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. laserfan

laserfan Registered Member

Thank you Ilya for this "sneak peek" at the future of TI.

When Acronis first appeared on the scene I bought TI to help w/backing-up my Linux server, but it has proven to be the absolutely best & most useful tool in my arsenal of PC utilities. If you need a tester for the above functionality I will be happy to participate. In any case I can "sit tight" and wait for the next gen of TI.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. laserfan

I don't know if this made it into TI9.0 or not, but I discovered (better this late than never) that I could use the freeware utility HJ-Split to split my bigger-than-DVD TI image into separate parts and burn them to DVD. The parts can later be re-joined using the same utility--I tested it & this works.

Apparently HJSplit can do 10Gb files. In any case I finally got some oversized .tib files off my hard drive and onto DVD-RW!

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi laserfan,

Whilst this method has been proposed before and is better than nothing I suppose (not sure why you didn't just allow TI to split the image during creation), those DVDs wouldn't be any good for a "bare metal" restore using the Acronis boot rescue CD.

Regards

7. Papa

Papa Registered Member

Waiting...Waiting...on DVD support!

The sooner we get DVD writing support, the better!

I agree that it would be much more feasible to write to 3-4 DVD's rather than to 15-20 CD's. That feature would dramatically increase TI's market viability and guarantee even more success. TI 9 is just not worth the upgrade.

How 'bout it, Acronis? Let us have DVD writing support soon!

8. laserfan

I agree; I was not proposing this as an acceptable backup method. I had simply (as explained last January at the beginning of this thread) erred in creating a tib >DVD-5 and was stuck with a very large backup on my hard drive (I couldn't re-create it anymore). In brainstorming how to get it off to DVD I found the HJSplit solution and wanted to tell others who might be in a similar predicament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.