Full and Differenctial back up with Folder Exclusion

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dolfin the Mammal, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolfin the Mammal

Dolfin the Mammal Registered Member

Hi,
    I have a weekly full and twice daily differential backup schedule. Two questions:

I want to exclude a few Folders from my Full and Differential scheduled backups. What is the easiest way of doing this?

I don't see an option to run the morning differential every day but the day that the Weekly Full Back up is scheduled to run. What is the best way to set this up?

Thank you,

Dolfin

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dolfin the Mammal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions allows you to exclude individual files and folders from a disk\partition images. We plan to implement such capability in the future versions\builds of Acronis True Image, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet. If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Please do as it shown on the attached screen shots (the example is if you were creating full image on Sundays).

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

3. Dolfin the Mammal

Dolfin the Mammal Registered Member

Re: Conflicts and Scheduling Full and Differencial Backups

Your answer seems to me to show how to do a full back up every day but Sunday by leaving that box unchecked. The directions say, "Select the time and day you want the task to start." Am I missing something?

You want to have the computer catch up on a missed backup with the "Run back up the next time computer is started..." option. I think this is the vulnerable spot where two scheduled back ups could possible conflict.

What is the worst that can happen if a daily differential back up and a Full back up or two different daily differencials start up at the same time. For example I have the differencial scheduled for 9am and the full for 12pm. The 9am and the 12pm might start together when I turn on my computer on at 12pm. What happens?

Any solutions?

Thanks,
    Dolfin

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Conflicts and Scheduling Full and Differencial Backups

Hello Dolfin,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, Acronis True Image uses the following scheme for the tasks which are going to be executed at the same time:

- Execute the task (9am in your example) which was set to run when the computer turns on. The second task (12am) will be waiting till the previous task is finished.
    - If the previous task is canceled manually or finished then the second task will be started automatically.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.