FTP as backup Location - How do I do it?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by unicorncomputer, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unicorncomputer

unicorncomputer Registered Member

I am not able to backup to an FTP Site or setup an FTP site as a backup location. I am using V 10.0 Home Build 4942

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello unicorncomputer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please provide us with some details of the issue you have experience:

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

Please also note that the FTP server must allow passive mode for file transfers.

Data recovery directly from FTP server requires the archive to consist of files of no more than 2GB. It is recommended that you change the source computer firewall settings to open Ports 20 and 21 for both TCP and UDP protocols and disable the Routing and Remote Access Windows service.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. timcrews

timcrews Registered Member

I have a question about the 2GB size limitation.

The Help file indicates that there will be an archive splitting option after the Backup performance option, but before the Media components option. I suppose this is how I would enforce the 2GB size limit. Unfortunately, this option is not present.

I am using the evaluation version of Acronis True Image, which I just downloaded yesterday.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.