Fsecure Internet Security 2010 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bigc73542, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Anyone else here beta testing FSIS 2010?? It sure does run well on Win 7 x64 it is very very light on the system, can't even tell it is installed it runs so light.
    bigc

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i thought this was actually for sale already? their internet security 2010 i mean?

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

4. icr

icr Registered Member

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Not sure. You'd better ask at the F-secure forum to be sure

6. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hi Bigc Bro,

I guess F-Secure IS 2010 is out of beta now. And they are selling it as Ready Version. Even I am using it on my Virtual PC and i haven't found any Beta thing in it. If you would like to have the original key of it you can PM me. The only thing i can say about F-Secure is that its Deep Guard is showing its power....But they again lacking early load feature in this suite...whereas other security suites have this feature. Hope they will soon introduce this thing.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ive been using f-secure client security 9 since around november and its working great.

I may test F-secure ITSP when it gets more updates but atm everything on my system is working well.

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Here is a screen shot of the version.

Attached Files:

9. AvinashR

You are still using the beta version. F-Secure IS 2010 is finally ready for use. Check their homepage.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  10. icr

icr Registered Member

Check their build the stable one is 246 while bigc is talking about 576 so its definitely BETA you can assume same as Eset v4.2 no GUI changes some of FIXES I guess:)

11. AvinashR

Might be they are updating or refining their suite like Kaspersky do...So we can say that they are trying to refine their product....Yeah now i do agree that its in beta, but final one is different from the undergoing beta version.

12. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Are there a changelog?

I would love if their webscanner didnt slow down videos (etc. youtube) like with bitdefender, kaspersky, gdata and so on.

13. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Same here and I agree totally. We use it at work also and I prefer the Client Security over the IS for home users for 4 main reasons:- 1) doesn't install the antispam module, 2) no parental control (although you can choose whether or not have this with the IS during install), 3) no splash screen at startup (small thing I know) and 4) I think their business products are more refined and it's easier to check for any hotfixes on their web club site (although I think the new version may update the software automatically via the update channel).

14. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

I also preffer client security over internet security. much better, no unnecessary modules (antispam, parental control) and runs great. pitty about the new taskbar icon, I miss the old f-secure sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.