From Win 7 to XP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Help freaking out here, I put win xp on my win 7 desktop was trying to dual boot. I created a partition as i wanted to dual boot. Named F approx 45GB, when i booted up of XP disc i seen C/ F kind of path to install, so when ahead hit enter. Now i booted into XP and cannot see 7 from a list to pick when booting up. There is a drive D in the my computer area with 180GB full is that my win 7 stuffo_O. How do i get win 7 back how it was, I have Win 7 dvd but don't want to stuff it up more..o_O i dont care if XP is gone, just want it back... thanks

Under computer managment, in XP i see D partition NTFS healthy 180GB / 89GB free
    "" "" F (C.) partition NTFS healthy 42.67GB 39.25GB Free

God knows where i installed XPo_O I thought it was F partition i created. I assume 7 is in D there... what would happen if i right click mark D as active?, i will await for some help

OMG i fixed it marked it as active NVM cheers :))))))))))))))))))))) happy

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Post a snapshot of your disk manager.

Attached Files:

3. maddawgz

ok do that in AM as it closed down now..but that's weird how it just came back?

4. maddawgz

Picture as requested.

http://imgur.com/tdj64

I think during start up screen now black area, it says boot from cd sure that wasn't there before. Also in F drive that one i created , has folders windows, documents settings i think that maybe XP stuff. When i try to formatt that drive,in there says the drive is in use etc...worried i might stuff it up again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.