From trial to full version

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stufos, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stufos

stufos Registered Member

My trial runs out in 5 days time, so today I bought a 2 year license. But I don't know how to update from the trial to the full version. Using the instructions sent to me by Eset do not work. I've entered my user name and password but nothing has happened. I'm not told when my license expires. Any ideas?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't know if entering the license data in the trial version will work , but you can always uninstall the trial and install full version after that

1. Download fresh new version of the desired ESET product
    http://www.eset.com/download
    Make sure that you choose the correct version.

2. Uninstall your current trial version from Control Panel
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually these folders:

- C:\Program files\ESET
    - C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

5. Reinstall your ESET software using the file you downloaded in step1 . Use typical install.

3. stufos

stufos Registered Member

Thanks for that. The only problem is that I was hoping to keep all my old settings. They took me ages to do!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Keeping the settings is not a difficult idea . Make sure you open the "Advanced settings" and ...

1223332121.gif

128.gif

Then , when you install your full paid version , similar way Import your settings + enter your new username/password in the Update section

5. stufos

stufos Registered Member

Thanks. All done. Although I still have no indication as to when my license expires. Under "Protection Status" it says nothing about my license.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

that will appear in a couple of days max after installing your correct license information.

7. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Yes. Can take a day or two to come through.

If you got the username and password correct you should have had a big update on your next one.

8. stufos

stufos Registered Member

Thanks everyone.

9. Nuke

Nuke Registered Member

I just installed Nod32 today and was wondering about this same issue i.e. License Valid until.

I will wait a day or two.

Attached Files:

10. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

I'm running trial version of NOD32 v.3.0.621 and I've read somewhere that ESET has enabled upgrading from trial to full version just by typing new UN/PW which you get when you purchase the license, and that this is the case since 2006...so this means that there is no reason to uninstall trial version once you buy the license, it becomes full version by default...or am I missing something here?

11. stufos

stufos Registered Member

Eset did not tell me this. I had to uninstall and reinstall exactly as High Tech_boy advised. My license information has now appeared though. :)

12. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

Ok, well I found the page that explains this, it is on ESET's official site:
    http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php
    and in that text just below "Note" clearly states that there is no need for uninstalling trial version once you buy the licence, it will become full version.
    But you did it the other way which is apparently good way to go too ;) .
    Anyways, I'm very pleased with Nod32 and when my trial period ends I will purchase the license and simply upgrade my trial version (or at least try to do so, hehe).
    Cheers!
    I forgot to mention that in the link above you must click few steps in order to come to the text I was referring to:
    first click on "Purchasing" under General-folder and then click on question "What do I receive with an ESET Nod32 license?"

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  13. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Yes. Always just overwrite the trial license info and enter the new Username and Password, run Update and all is done. No need to uninstall and reinstall. Been like that since one of the later releases of 2.7....

14. stufos

stufos Registered Member

Never mind I got there anyway. I'm now also running the latest version : 3. 0.642 and would probably have uninstalled 3.0.621 anyway.:D

Anyway,I'm happy. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.