from PG -> AD

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by poogimmal, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

current user of RegDefend for some time, (& now CS too) and was long time user of Process Guard, but a several weeks ago I removed PG from my w2k (it seemed to be a technical reason or perhaps a conflict at the time (don't recall exactly)) and since I now surf with either SandboxIE or VMplayer I don't feel urgent need to reinstall PG and now would certainly move toward AD rather an PG, so question is... what should I expect from AD reference my experience with PG? about the same, or better, if how in terms of useage and possible conflicts? for the past two years or so (I forget the version but probably not the newest) PG worked ok and I had little problem with it. should I assume that AD is even smoother in its operation? and is there much of a learning curve for someone somewhat familiar with PG? more simply, for the folks who switched from PG to AD, what was your experience?? also wonder if there would be a conflict with SandboxIE v2.64? (I expect my other apps to play well with AD).

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Never used PG, i'm not that knowledgable but i find appdefend quite easy to use. Theres a lot of pop ups as it learns your system but after that its pretty much like a ghost unless something changes. I've never found any conflicts so far. The appdefend installer contains regdefend as well which you can disable if you don't want to use it.

4. xtree

xtree Registered Member

I used to be a PG user with Regdefend but paralelly I followed the way of AD as well. After quite a long time of testing I find AD & RD (GSS) a really neat and smooth prog not conflicting with any of my apps so far. In a word, a really good choice. But give it a try to see that yourself. :)

5. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Ghost Suite (beta) is great in so many respects...
    However the makers should have a monkey with an electric cattle proder stick zapping them up each time someone wonders why the friggin thing is still in beta after several years and that the only release was an "alpha" outdated by almost a year!!!

This is a serious product that deserves serious development but is not receiving it... :cautious:

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

And that would be a very telling reason for any PG owner to avoid Ghost Suite. We are already reeling from what has happened with DiamondCS and none of us want that to repeat if we move elsewhere!

7. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I know... I feel the Pinch with port explorer possibly not receiving updates/Upgrades or even support again. I just hope the guy for DiamondCS is just going through a bad patch and that he will eventually "Revive" his company and support his products.

To be fair, Jason from Ghost security is active in the newsgroups, and we know he is doing something... It is just so slow to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.