From IDE to SATA RAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bertes, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bertes

bertes Registered Member

What product/s will enable me to take my XP backup image from an IDE drive and install it on RAID 0 setups?

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

You would need Acronis True Image Workstation with Universal Restore option.
    Beware of the fact that maybe Windows will need to be reactivated.

Jaycee

3. bertes

bertes Registered Member

Trying to restore my backup from USB hard drive. Sata drives are not recognized. Need to restore to new raid 0 array.

What can I do?

4. nigeldr

nigeldr Registered Member

This is very similar to what we've just done with our SBS 2003 server (SCSI single drive to SATA Raid)

We first used True Image Server + Universal Restore, this appeared to almost work however Universal Restore tried to treat the processor as a new processor and everything went pear shaped from there.:blink:

So our second attempt we installed the SATA Raid card in the existing system and installed the drivers for it (no drives were connected to it, just the card alone)

We then took another image using True Image Server, took the SCSI drive out and connected the SATA Drives to the RAID card and configured the array.

We were then able to successfully use True Image Server ***Without *** using Universal Restore.

The whole process took two hours from starting to take the image to allows users to login.

Overall very happy with the results :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.