Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LukaszJ, Jan 5, 2004.
Is there any good freeware antywirus ?
a very happy new year to u mate..
a good freeware AV with almost all the capabilitiz of a good AV i can say AVG
it has got a resident shield too with very easy auto upgradation
recently it comes in together kerio firewall (it isnt free )
you can also go for EzArmor which comes together with AV and firewall (ZA)
ofcourse there will b more suggestions
Yep, avast.com (avast4 home is free)
There are a number of freeeware AV packages including;
1. AVG- http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php
2. AntiVir Personal Edition- http://www.free-av.com/
3. Avast 4 Home Edition- http://www.asw.cz/i_idt_153.html
4. Etrust AntiVirus v. 7- http://etrustantivirus-east.ca.com/v7/
5. BitDefender Free Edition Version 7 - http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/products.php?p_id=24#
6. F-Prot for DOS - http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/download_fpdos.html
7. Escan AntiVirus Toolkit Utility- http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp
8. Etrust's Combined AntiVirus and Firewall - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm
The BitDefender and Escan Utility are only on-demand scanners.
Comments on some of these programs can be found here;
Best to check some of these out by trialing them on your computer and see which one suits you.
If you live in the United Kingdom, France, or Germany, you can get Norman Virus Control free with a one year license.
It's a full version, not a demo, according to that page. I don't live in any of those countries, so can't get it to see if it's a legitimate deal.
I dont live there neither .
Oh and thx for the info guys.
The norman AV offer seems a bit of a con as you have to agree to download and install optistat survey programme which sends data of your browsing habits basically.
URL tags added to the link - paul
Separate names with a comma.