Fresh Reinstall?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CDreier, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDreier

CDreier Registered Member

My computer crashed and I'm having to rebuild everything from the ground up. What's the best way to get a registered version of True Image-Home 9.0 back on my system? I have the order number saved in my email, but when I download True Image, I don't see where it allows me to register (or re-register)? What am I missing? Thanks.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You are missing the whole point of True image. You should have saved a full image of your system. Then by running a restore you would be back up and running in a few minutes without having to re-build anything.
    Or have I misunderstood your situation?

Xpilot.

3. CDreier

That's a good question, and leads to a point I've not brought up. My computer began locking up last week (occasional CTD). I had done a full-backup with True Image just days before. I attempted a RESTORE and about half-way through there was an error message about a file being corrupted (or something to that effect). Everything was locked to that error screen. When I did a reboot the computer would not recognize any drives. I did a reinstall of Windows believing the backup had a problem. What do you think?

4. CDreier

No further help about how to get reinstalled??

5. SoccerGuy1623

SoccerGuy1623 Registered Member

Hey CDreier,
    I just bought Acronis True Image 9.0 off of newegg and I have tried to make an image 3 times. One time I tried to restore the older of the two to see if this program worked and it said it was corrupt. I tried the newer one and it said that one was corrupt. Of course the image blew away the hard drive partition, and I had to start from scratch. I reformatted and reloaded then made one more image and that one was corrupt too. Again blowing away my computer. If I find anything I'll post it here...

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Are you doing the Verification from within Windows or via the bootable Rescue CD? Do you have GoBack on your system?

7. CDreier

I guess I'm not a very happy "camper" right now. No, I didn't have GoBack installed, and I'm not sure about the Verification. I don't know about SoccerGuy's experience.

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

CDreier,
    If you visit this link, you can login to your previous registration. All you need is your original email address and password to login. Login located in upper right corner. There you will find your serial number and can download the latest version.
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/

When you created your backup,
    ...was this backup one of the entire disk?
    ...did you store your backup files on internal/external drive, or CD/DVD's, etc?
    ...When you did your restore, did you bootup using the user created TrueImage Recovery CD and perform the restore from the recovery CD? or did you try to do the restore from inside Windows?

When restoring, there is an option to test the restore files before proceeding! Did you perform the test?

Once you get your new install backed up with a new full Acronis image backup (to an internal/external drive), you could go back and try doing a another restore using the old backup but verify the image before doing so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.