Fresh NOD32 install onto SBS2003. XMON not doing anything

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Gandalf-LoJ, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf-LoJ

Gandalf-LoJ Registered Member

Hey there,

We're trialling NOD32 for Microsoft Exchange on our Small Business Server 2003 system that was running Trend CMS.

However we have a little issue with XMON. I've been in contact with support and they are helping but are scratching their heads a bit and suggested a post here while they investigate further.

Here is the run of events and what happens;
    Trend fully un-installed via add-remove programs - server rebooted twice.
    NOD install using this PDF as a guide: http://www.eset.co.uk/support/eexmssbsman.pdf

Now, that PDF, I deviated a little as on page 6, the part about specifying the server update address port uses 8081 as a default. On SBS this port is used by SharePoint Central Administration so cannot be used for the update server. So this was changed to 8088, then the rest of the document was followed.

AMON is chugging away nicely (I've added all of the exclusions recommended in the PDF as well as some additions that Microsoft recommend too) However I noticed that XMON was showing 0 for scanned, infected and cleaned files in the status monitor. So I started to do some tests.

I done a mailserver test courtesy of GFI and they sent loads of emails with various vunerabilities and several with the eicar test virus. These were not picked up via XMON however the client side outlook plugin caught three of the eicar viruses. Not good.

XMON does look like it's all installed fine, xmon.dll is hooked into store.exe when I check it out via process explorer and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\VirusScan shows that xmon.dll is the Library that is being used for the VSAPI.

It was then that I got onto support. They came back with these suggestions;

My reply;
    Back from support;
    and my reply;
    And the final mail from them is requesting some registry info and to also post up here to see if anyone has any ideas! Hopefully the emails above will show you the steps already taken and may assist in diagnosing the problem further.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you use a kind of CRM system on that machine as well?

3. Gandalf-LoJ

Gandalf-LoJ Registered Member

Nope, nothing like that. It's just a standard SBS 2003 premium install with GFI Mailessentials for antispam and veritas backup exec for backup purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.