Freezes pre f11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by samdring, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samdring

samdring Registered Member

The title says it really. Boot up and the system freezes on blank screen just prior to where f11 message is expected.
    Couple of resets will then bring up normal boot.
    Any ideas please?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello samdring,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details: what is the exact name of the product that you use and what exactly did you try to perform?

Could you please let us know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number)?

Could you please also clarify whether you have tried to boot from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media or from Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (if Acronis Secure Zone is created and ASRM is activated)?

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. samdring

Thanks for prompt reply - using TI9 2302
    I am not trying to do anything! Normal switch on of computer, regularly causes it to hang at the screen (blank) prior to the screen in which the f11 message would appear.

In other words, normal boot goes through BIOS screen then, in my case, through RAID screen then would normally go blank with cursor top left and would then show f11 instructions. Hangs prior to f11 instructions. Pressing reset loops through re-boot until I get f11 functioning properly and then all OK

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You should probably update to B2337 and rebuild the CD and see if the problem still occurs. Uninstall B2302 first and then install B2337.

5. samdring

Tom

Thanks - what CD - this is normal boot sequence - I am not trying to boot from cd.
    Will, however, try the upgrade but suspect this software might have to go

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Where is your Secure Zone located?

7. samdring

I have 4 internal SATA HDD set as 2 x RAID 0. One RAID 0 covers sytem and the other has data and secure zone. Data backed up to 2 external drives using Mirror Folder

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi samdring,

Given your setup, I'm not sure why you want the Secure Zone (SZ ) in the first place, particularly with the associated Startup Recovery Manager (SRM). As TheWeaz hinted, it seems that the SRM is having difficulty finding the SZ on the SATA RAID, which is causing the boot to stall. This is the same symptom you get if the SZ is located on an external drive that isn't switched on or connected.

Personally, I would remove the SZ via the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard, thereby deactivating the SRM and resetting the Master Boot Record to standard. You then just use the bootable rescue CD to enter the Linux based recovery environment. If you really must have a SZ (say for automatically limiting the number of scheduled images) then create a new one but this time DO NOT accept the default option to also activate the SRM.

Regards

9. samdring

Thanks for your help - SZ now history - no probs so far - thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.