Free Zemana Antilogger For All??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by markedmanner, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

I took part in this giveaway a few months back when Zemana was being given away for free: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives...-free-zemana-antilogger-license-for-everyone/

Personally I believe it is top notch anti-logger software. If anyone would like to download the free version that was given away you can download it here: xxtp://dl1.zemana.com/Products/AntiLogger/AntiLogger_1.9.2.209.exe

It should be totally free and you also get free updates. The only thing is I am not sure if it will still install since it is past the date of the giveaway. So if anyone could confirm that this is working for them that would be great. I thought alot of people might enjoy this.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
  2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

This program seems kind of nitch. Do we really need to run anti-logging software on top of a regular AV program/suite?

3. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

Well what if your AV doesn't detect the key logger? Then you are dead in the water. Zemana will alert you to any program that is trying to log your keyboard or take screen shots and it does it every successfully.

4. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Still works. I have it running currently. I hadn't used it in 3 months and then installed it 2 months ago. It expires on 1/30/2011.

5. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Does Zemana work well with DW3 and Sandboxie??

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

It does for sandboxie. I almost never get a popup from it. Occasionaly when I'm installing something and it hooks a registry key. Other than that its a good program.

7. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Does here, no conflicts or slowdowns at all. Have those three with Shadow Defender on when I need it and the computer has never been faster :thumb:

8. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

thanks for the heads up

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I use Zemana when doing private business with sensitive data. It is an excellent "fail-safe" against keyloggers.

Now that I use drive imaging (you do, too, right?) a malware infection is merely an inconvenience. But a keylogger can be a downright DISASTER, if it successfully steals my sensitive data & calls home with it.

A good AV will lock the front door. However -- if a trojan with a keylogger payload breaks down the door, or climbs in through a rat hole -- Zemana is a Rottweiler to rip that trojan's head off & spit down its bleeding neck.

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

A couple of quick Zemana questions...

1) Is a purchased license for one year, or lifetime?

2) If one license is purchased, can the program be installed on two home computers?

11. microbial

microbial Registered Member

liking the analogy :thumb:

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

man bellgamin where do you get the good ideas and thoughts;) :thumb:

13. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Quick answer, http://www.zemana.com/SFaq.aspx#4

14. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks, De Hollander.

From that I realized that I'm not too keen on a couple of their policies...

&
    I'm not too enthused about the lack of a free product, and the 15 day trial is abbreviated.

15. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I understand your position. However, I feel the opposite way.

I have lots of "forever" licenses from outfits that went belly-up. I have lots of licenses for free apps which also went belly-up. I have lots of licenses for freebies like Threatfire that are oft neglected by their proponents until they are waaay out of date. I also have lots of licenses for free apps that serve as advertisements for paid products -- adware, nag screens, curtailed functions -- I am no longer interested in such ap-cray.

I enjoy PAYING for security software that appears to be adequately capitalized & managed so as to afford to have a large enough staff to keep up with malware trends, & test new approaches to fighting infections.

Zemana has a good business model. IMO they have a fairly good chance of survival & success in today's HIGHLY competitive dog-eat-dog market for security apps.

Zemana does issue periodic "special offers" which I watch for & take advantage of. But they make those offers in ways that appear well designed to increase the popularity and notoriety of their product, so that they are not giving away the store out of desperation but as a well-planned means for increasing their market penetration.

P.S. In all honesty I must admit that I recently bought a lifetime license for Zemana's competitor, Spyshelter. {I never said that I always practice what I preach :cool:}

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

And I understand your position as well. :)

But lack of a free product isn't the only bone I have to pick with Zemana.
    This, in particular, is a big bone --> "When the subscription expires the protection turns off and all the access to the features may get disabled(options grayed out)".
    Since Zemana doesn't depend on signature updates to function, this crippling strikes me as more of a penalty than one might encounter with other products. ZoneAlarm Pro comes to mind here.

For many years I used ZoneAlarm Pro. They wanted their subscription renewal fees each year, just like many other vendors, but they did not cripple their program if you did not renew. You simply weren't able to get new version releases. The firewall continued to work.

Like you, bellgamin, I am not against paying for security software. Crazy as it sounds, it actually feels good to buy licenses, knowing you are supporting a developer. And like you, I also own licenses I don't use. SUPERAntiSpyware, GeSWall, Prevx, WinPatrol and others. So I am not on one of those freeware or noware kicks. :p

I just think Zemana isn't offering the best deal possible when they cripple your program if you don't renew.

17. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.