Free Web Hosting Sites?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brandonn2010, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Hello. I got the green light from Softpedia's webmaster to use pictures from their site on my website, provided I recommend them in my helpful sites page, which I could do.

However, I need a free site that I can host it on, and that will give me a free domain, even if it is mysite.theirdomain.com.

Someone on a web design forum recommended "000webhost.com". I've also read about "webs.com". What would you recommend?

I would like to be able to copy and paste my HTML and CSS rather than having to start over with templates, if that's possible.

Thank you

2. Brandonn2010

Bump, was on page 2.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Take a look at -www.freehostia.com, and look at the Chocolate service.

4. korben

korben Registered Member

Instead of webs I suggest webnode. Been using over a year and deem myself satisfied [free plan]

000webhost.com is problematic.

5. Brandonn2010

And both freehostia and webnodes would let me use my HTML and CSS instead of templates?

6. korben

korben Registered Member

webnode.com has this feature although I've never tried it myself. It's there up for grabs.

7. Brandonn2010

After trying some sites I decided to try 000webhost.com. I easily uploaded my files and the site works! (for now).

However, it said something about using their name servers, I"m not sure what that's about?

I went to the site on a couple computers and it loaded fine so I'm not sure if I need to do anything.

You can check out the site at bcic.comze.com

8. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Why not use Dreamhost? They had a deal for $9 a year. You get the .com, web hosting, unlimited bandwidth, etc. You could always do a Google Adsense ad and link there. The amount you would make from the ads would pay for the monthly hosting so it essentially would be free for a premium service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.