Free Video Converters

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by firzen771, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

Whats a good free video converter for converting videos for the ipod touch and iphone, i want one that will convert videos to native iphone/ipod touch resolution and such.

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

3. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I have played with a lot of these in the past and I having been doing so the last couple of days trying to finder a converter for videos for my new Droid X.

I have used all three that Andyman35 suggested but only iWisoft lately. Although I'm not sure I trust that company (they put out this same converter under at least one other name and its always wanting to call home) I do like the iWisoft converter. Its fast, the results are great on my Droid (with Act 1 player) and it allows for changing Gamma, Contrast, Brightness, and Saturation. It would meet all my needs if I could also increase the volume.

I will try the other two again because I forget how they worked. I had been using AutoMkv, which I liked the best, but I believe its slow and I would have to install three other programs to use it.

Handbrake is free, and a favorite of many, so you should probably check that one out too.

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Iwisoft checks out clean on URLVoid so it should be ok.

Another one that I should mention is Super.
    It's mind bogglingly comprehensive in terms of file support and configuration options,but I'm a basic video editor and a lot within Super is for the real experts.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

5. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

The best thing is to stay far far away from .com domains for these kind of things, and get a much better converter which do not get any commercial attention, and are not bundled with malware, but are updated and improved almost daily, like MeGUI, StaxRip (my personal favourite) or RipBot264.

http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.