Free Upgrade to TrueImage 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mkupka, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkupka

mkupka Registered Member

I just bought TrueImage at CompUSA last night and it is only version 8. Can I get a free upgrade to version 9?

Thanks

2. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

That may be hard from Acronis as you knew TI9 was out. However, I bet CompUSA will take care of you. Before I got TI9 from Acronis (bought TI8 at CompUSA a few days before TI9 came out) CompUSA said they would take care of me. Did you open TI8 yet? I didn't, and still haven't..

3. mkupka

mkupka Registered Member

Yes I opened it and installed it. Acronis should be able to give me a free update. Version 8 is the only version that CompUSA sells, so I figured it was the latest version when I bought it.

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Yup, Acronis should not leave you hanging. Otherwise all store stock is worthless.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mkupka,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that our Upgrade Policy regarding the downloadable versions of Acronis True Image 8.0 is to provide free upgrades to customers who purchased the software 30 days prior to the release of a new version, and/or customers who have purchased software maintenance or a site license that includes software maintenance.

Please also note that we do provide free upgrades for those people who have purchased the boxed version of Acronis True Image 8.0 after the release of a new version.

In case you have purchased the boxed version of Acronis True Image 8.0, please submit a request for technical support. Describe your issue and provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, scan copy of receipt, copy of invoice, order confirmation letter, etc.) along with the link to this thread. We will certainly provide you with the free upgrade.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. ljg

ljg Registered Member

Hats off to Acronis. Because a lot of these purchases are closeouts, a number of reputable companies, that I've dealt with, have refused to offer a free upgrade. Now, if Acronis could only fix TI9 so that it would be worth upgrading TO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.