free uninstallers.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hi
    Could anybody recommend a free 64bit uninstaller please.?
    Im currently using revo uninstaller but it only uninstalls 32 bit apps.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

You could try Comodo program manager.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

5. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

To use uninstallers that aren't able to handle with app. that need to reboot for install and uninstall isn't adviced.

Revo (Free or Pro), Comodo Programs Manager, GeekUninstaller are some that are poor in uninstall process core.

Take care with them.

6. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

as majoMo said, almost all uninstaller are not the best, but in some case are better than program own uninstaller
    I have used any kind of uninstaller free and I can suggest for you this
    Innovative solution Advanced Uninstaller Pro that is free to tell the true:D
    http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/
    it can reads and uninstall 64bit registry-programs, support even win8 and it has an Installation Monitor that can better help to take tracks of registry modification and completely uninstall programs
    It is not only an uninstaller but offers also some other tools that I don't like so much for IE optimization, registry optimization, delete files ....

The other 2 solution free are portable so are present on my pendrive
    geekuninstaller & Iobit Uninstaller (but Iobit is not a safe software house)
    they are not so great, but only emergency when I have to solve issue in friends pc

7. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Wow, Advanced Uninstaller PRO looks quite nice...very nice find :thumb:

8. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

One thing I don't like about Advanced Uninstaller is how long it takes to scan for left overs.

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Ive decided to install comodo program manager and it is running just fine.
    Its a very attractive program and has a small footprint on computer resources.
    Thank you for the info.
    Regards.:thumb:

10. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

RE: Revo Only Uninstalls 32-bit Apps

I never knew that.

I have been using it for years on 64 systems without even knowing it didn't uninstall 64-bit apps. :blink:

11. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Its lightning fast on my pc

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Re: Revo Only Uninstalls 32-bit Apps

I understand that the free Revo only does 32x but the paid does 64x also.

13. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Latest version is faster than previous.

Once I prefer a snapshot based uninstaller than leftovers based, and 'Advanced Uninstaller' doesn't have a Exclude/Ignore List option, it isn't suitable to me. In this point app. like ZSoft, Total Uninstall and Full Uninstall are far better.

For now I use ZSoft Uninstaller in my x32 system and Full Uninstall in x64 system (it is compatible with Win 7, x64 bits). Full Uninstall ' developer is the same than Reg Organizer software - which is a guarantee of excellence in advance. I get Full Uninstall in a GAOTD some weeks ago... :thumb:

14. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

My absolute favorite is Martau Total Uninstall:

http://www.martau.com/

I use Rollback RX so I have no need for an uninstaller; but the reason why I prefer this one to others with similar features, is because it allows the user to completely backup and restore an installed program along with all its files and registry settings.

When I'm working on a snapshot which doesn't contain an app that I want to use I just import the app with Total Uninstall and use it straight away, often without even the need to reboot. It works faster than having to install the app from scratch. In a sense it is like having your favorite programs being made portable.

15. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

I can see that 'the need to reboot issue' is a bit unfair to apps pending some operations to after a reboot. But to say “... that are poor in uninstall process core” is somewhat heavy. Or?

Do ZSoft Uninstaller/Full Uninstall handle those standard procedures with respect to the need of reboot?

BTW, as twl845 wrote, the paid version of Revo has full native support of 64bit. Another nice feature in Revo is the Registry backup at each install and optionally at a daily basis. I do not know any other method to backup the registry on a Win7 x64 computer (other than a full partition image backup of course).

16. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

geekuninstaller +1

17. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

I have a similar setup and my use of an unstaller is mainly the same. And it is also good for the apps only allowed to be installed on a particular day (like GAOTD), because their installers are not given a chance then to call home to make their usual check.

And my favorite uninstaller for that is Ashampoo Uninstaller 4. Free, or very cheap, when you make use of their occasional promos.
    (Win7x64)

18. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

An uninstaller that is unable to handle [OR doesn't allow users to handle] with app. that need to reboot (OR is adviced) to do their install AND uninstall process, thinking that are more clever than owner uninstall doesn't do a suitable and adviced work.

ZSoft/Total Uninstall developers advice users to uninstall firstly with the owner uninstall always, than after to use monitored log to do a complete uninstall.

E.g. Comodo Programs Manager forum is plenty of claims reboot troubles about, after using it; it's why some developers advice against to use third part uninstallers: "So you use these kind third party uninstallers. they will only remove the drivers, but they never know how to remove the registry entry. So your system will crash at once if it can not load the drivers when it is booting".

And if the owner installer replaces files and backup old files to add them after uninstall reboot? How handle these app. with that? Removing the backuped files/folders? :mad: Their GUI could be nice - but their core goal in uninstall concern is very poor.
    ERUNT does that well in my Win 7, x64. Registry Backup also.

19. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I was using GeekUninstaller, which is still a wonderful tool to have. Just recently I've been using Advanced Uninstaller PRO (suggested by Romagnolo1973). I must say, this is one hell of a uninstaller, it is a powerhouse with tons of useful features.

This is now my go to uninstaller and if anyone is in search of one, then I highly recommend this one.

I still recommend GeekUninstaller for those wanting a more slim based uninstaller or if you simply want to run it on a USB Flash Drive.

But, if you want an uninstaller with more features, better accuracy and is safer to use, then Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the one to get.

I absolutely love using this tool.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  20. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.