Free trials of Security suites

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by alant, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alant

alant Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm going to be losing a complementary version of Norton-360. This is going to be a good time to try free trials of good complete security suites. I've started comprising a list of them including trial lengths, but I don't want to just Google for them. I know there are plenty of malware sites that look legitimate. Could you recommend such free trials? (including name/length/site)? Thanks.

2. Mem

Mem Registered Member

Here is a poll of anti-virus/Internet Security (AV/IS) software at DSLReports that should get you started. Click on the software title to go to the site.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,23831451~viewpoll=1#poll23831451

You need to identify what features you want on what OS, look at some of the top products to match that and then try a couple out. Be aware that installing AV/IS and uninstalling doesn't always get rid of all the program and many have removal tools to be used as well so the next AV install doesn't mix and match with the last one.

3. alant

alant Registered Member

Thanks for the link. I don't see that it lists any free trials. They are also mainly AV. I'm looking for complete suites. I already found PC Tools™ Internet Security 2011, panda 2011 global protection and outpost security suite. Also, will Revo Uninstaller clean things up in between installs?

4. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

The only suite I use is Comodo. Its free and its very good, however, as with all the good ones, it has a HIPS (Defense+) that takes a little work in the early stages.

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php?entryURL=

Also, when you remove 360 I believe you will need to run the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of all traces of Norton that can cause you trouble. Note that this tool removes all Norton products but its the only way to clean Norton out.

Good luck!

5. alant

alant Registered Member

I see on Comodo's site, they have COMODO INTERNET SECURITY for free and COMODO INTERNET SECURITY 2011 PRO with a 30 day free trial. I guess the free PRO trial would work for 30 days and then downgrade to the free version. Anyone see problems with this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.