Free Total Uninstall is GONE???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I can no longer find a download for the free version of Total Uninstall on Martau.com. It has also disappeared from Simtel & Snapfiles. I *assume* that Mr. Martau has withdrawn it -- which I can't blame him, of course.

Does anyone know of a DL location for TUN free?

As of now the only *free* uninstaller I know of, that monitors during an install (as does Total Uninstall), is ZSoft Uninstall (ZUN). ZUN is in advanced beta status & is quite stable on my computer. It also has a support forum.

So far I have only used ZUN to monitor 3 installs & to do just 1 uninstall. It worked just fine.

If anyone tries ZUN, please share your experiences & conclusions.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Check your PM's

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Will TU 2.0 free still work, bellgamin? Or just when you attempt to download a "new" copy of the software it is unavailable for download?

4. pcalvert

pcalvert Registered Member

You are right, it is gone from a number of download sites. But it's still available from a few of them. Here's one:

Total Uninstall 2.35

If you want it, better get it soon. Now that I've posted the URL, who knows how much longer it will be at that particular web site.

Phil

5. JRCATES

I have a question for those who are familiar with Total Uninstall 2 (freeware).

Once TU has installed a program, and you have used it to uninstall the program....it leaves the name that you gave it among the list of programs with a "uses" number of 1. Is that individual and particular listing permanent? Or can that listing be removed as an entry from the list? And if so, removing it won't have any negative affect, will it?

Thanks

6. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    When you open TU2 folder you see files correspond to each named and installed program. if you delete the file the entry willbe deleted too BUT you want be able to uninstall it through TU2 this is the only negative effect.

7. thanks man

thanks man Guest

Thanks for posting that link Pcalvert. I was jus wondering if that is the last freeware version that was available, because I thought there were a couple other free versions after that one. Thanks if you, or anyone knows what the true last free version was of TU.

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just out of interest I have just this minute Googled for TU and D/Ld TU v3.32 totally FREE??........And that was from the Martau site??....

Might be worth a look if your interested still..

Cochise, :cool:

9. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

10. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Guest

That link posted by PcAlvert works, but you get a 79kb zip file with nothing in it. I guess it's no longer available there either now. :( Anyone know where else it can be found?

11. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Guest

Ok, now I tried downloading it again and I got a 684 kb file. Weird that the first time it didn't work. So I think I have it now. Thanks Pcalvert. ;)

12. JRCATES

Thanks Hadi, although I think you may have misunderstood what I meant.

I installed a program through Total Uninstall....and then have already UNINSTALLED that same program through Total Uninstall as well.

So what I'm wanting to know, is if there is a way to remove the entry that is listed on the Total Uninstall window which shows the list of programs and installations that TU has served to manage the installation (i.e. - take it off the list without affecting anything else).

13. darkmatter

darkmatter Registered Member

Hi JRCATES,

Open TU, select Uninstall or view changes of a monitored appliction, right click on the program and select delete.

This clears the file and does not affect any other progs, this is how I keep my TU list clean. :)

darkmatter

14. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi JCRATES
    If you right click the uninstalled program in the list it gives you the option to delete it, this removes all the info it is displaying about the uninstall

Tex

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

DOH!!.....Sorry.......To Keen.....Must read properly... :D

Cochise, :cool: :oops:

16. JRCATES

Darkmatter and Texcritter.......THANKS! :)

And this has no negative affect (like leaving behind unwanted files, empty system folders, and/or registry entries)?

17. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi
    No, all it is doing is removing the log infomation of what it has already removed (it also tells you what wasn't removed so you can remove it yourself)

Tex

18. bellgamin

My copy of TUN-free is version 2.34. I *think* there was a 2.35 but the changes were mainly cosmetic so I didn't install it. Why fix what isn't broken?

Concerning the ZSoft Uninstaller (ZUN), it will do uninstalls of two types:

(1) It uninstalls programs monitored by ZUN - in this respect, it is *like TUN*

(2) It also uninstalls programs that were NOT monitored by ZUN -- in this respect, it goes TUN one better. Of course ZUN does this by using the program's own uninstall routine (if it has one).

Here's a partial quote from ZUN's website concerning the latest update...
    The ZSoft forum is fairly active & current. As noted above, ZUN is working okay for me thus far.

19. JRCATES

When's ZUN due to officially be out of beta, bellgamin, any idea?

20. bellgamin

I don't really know. I don't think the programmer knows either. The reason I say this is because he is still adding improvements to ZUN, & not merely fixing bugs. For example, he didn't decide to make ZUN a *monitoring uninstaller* until version 2.1. He is very open to suggested improvements.

Per the *report bugs category* of his forum, there are hardly any bugs being detected in ZUN in recent weeks, & none of those were critical in nature. IMHO ZUN would be out of Beta in jig time if he just stopped adding features & tweaks.

I'm usually rather leery of using Betas but I'm using ZUN because I want to support what I consider to be an important freebie, now that TUN has gone into paid status. TWO factors apply here: (1) Incomplete or faulty uninstalls account for a significant percentage of computers that get sent to the shop, whereas (2) Many of the visitors to my websites are not very able to afford either paid software or computer repairs.

21. Ailric

Ailric Guest

22. pcalvert

pcalvert Registered Member

I am fairly certain that version 2.35 was the last freeware version. I downloaded it from the author's site sometime within the last month or two.

Phil

23. JRCATES

Yep, you are right, Phil....and that version is becoming harder, and harder to find.... :doubt:

24. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

Right click on your mouse and delete the uninstalled program.
    It will not have any negative affect.

25. JRCATES

Got it D_U, thanks though (guess I should have posted about that, heh? :oops: Sorry....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.