free TDS-3 versus purchase TDS-3?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by minnesota-chubs, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnesota-chubs

minnesota-chubs Registered Member

can anybody tell me the difference between the two? i cant find it on the site. sorry if i missed it. what cant the free one do that the the other can do?

thanks

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

In the registration benefits at the back of the helpfile are the full details, but the main advantage is no expiry, free upgrade to TDS-4 soon, and that you will help us keep you secure :) You also receive priority support, discounts on other products, and more

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

...and if you have not yet looked in the help file as Gavin said, you cannot update it via the AutoUpdate/or semi auto via Ctrl/U option.

You have to go to site, dl the file, and put it manually into TDS's folder overwritng the old file which then does not give you a .bak [old version backup] of the file. Of course you can rename the current radius file to .bak/.old and put in the new file. ;)

The big disadvantage [to me and many others] is you get no Real Time Monitoring via the 'Protection Execution' as that is not an option on an unregistered version. :D

TAS

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Excellent point, Tas. ;) That is the biggest difference. Without Execution Protection, all you have is a souped-up scanner. And that assumes you manually update it regularly. From what I've read, Trojans are being developed at a faster pace than viruses. The few pennies a day it costs for the Execution Protection is WELL worth it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.