free TDS-3 versus purchase TDS-3?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by minnesota-chubs, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnesota-chubs

minnesota-chubs Registered Member

can anybody tell me the difference between the two? i cant find it on the site. sorry if i missed it. what cant the free one do that the the other can do?

thanks

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

In the registration benefits at the back of the helpfile are the full details, but the main advantage is no expiry, free upgrade to TDS-4 soon, and that you will help us keep you secure :) You also receive priority support, discounts on other products, and more

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

...and if you have not yet looked in the help file as Gavin said, you cannot update it via the AutoUpdate/or semi auto via Ctrl/U option.

You have to go to site, dl the file, and put it manually into TDS's folder overwritng the old file which then does not give you a .bak [old version backup] of the file. Of course you can rename the current radius file to .bak/.old and put in the new file. ;)

The big disadvantage [to me and many others] is you get no Real Time Monitoring via the 'Protection Execution' as that is not an option on an unregistered version. :D

TAS

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Excellent point, Tas. ;) That is the biggest difference. Without Execution Protection, all you have is a souped-up scanner. And that assumes you manually update it regularly. From what I've read, Trojans are being developed at a faster pace than viruses. The few pennies a day it costs for the Execution Protection is WELL worth it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.