Free Standalone FLV Player w/Playlist

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by EASTER, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Anyone found any equal or better ones than this that you care to share please?

http://sweb.cityu.edu.hk/50689882/flv.html

I used to use these a lot in Windows 98 days but now days they want you to install them and believe me i already ran into a few that were laced with if not outright malware, bundled with advertisement toolbars and all that crap.

Appreciate being directed to any alternative SAFE sources, and like mentioned if possible, standalone's only. They seem to be either in short supply or well hidden in various video forums by developers working on their own versions.

Thanks EASTER

2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks so much for your efforts on my behalf but regretably i have google these and even others more with equal results.

I'm going to have to resort to FLASH FORUM sites i believe to hopefully overview and examine other possibilities.

Thank You EASTER

5. thanatos_theos

Hi EASTER. I emailed Fortop Support and they said they will carefully consider adding a portable version and playlist support in the next release of Fortop FLV Player. They have a forum.

thanatos

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thank You Kindly thanatos_theos

Oddly i found Fortop FLV Player not bad at all and look forward to them adding a portable plus playlist.

Right now i dunno if you have had a chance to try it or not, but Flv-Player S , the powerful standalone Flv player w/playlis is absolutely incredible offering FULL SCREEN and percentage screen views even less. The playlist is excellent too. Right now it's the only one that seems feature packed as a standalone and stable enough.

Regards & Many Thanks Again For Acting On My Behalf

EASTER

7. newbino

newbino Registered Member

How about X-MediaPlayerClassic 6.4.9.1
    link
    portable version of Media Player Classic (View >> Options >> Player and select "Store settings to .ini file")
    it's in English even though the site itself is half in Italian
    plays .flv files and obviously much else

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Not there newbino but still thanks for trying, it asking for codecs and the screen is much too tiny compared to the ones above.

I do apprecitae your efforts though. I'm surprised at the decline of these once very available and free excellent FLV players during Windows 98/Me days when they were a dime a dozen and chalked full of features.

I still bet i still end up finding some others at action script and other flash site forums.

In the meantime Flv-Player S is da bomb! Totally portable with full screen and playlist along with other nice features thrown in.

I use them for scientific (fictional) videos since i'm no gamer or comedy watcher, great apps to fade to black at night.

9. newbino

newbino Registered Member

EASTER, whatever works for you, keep in mind that you can have full screen either via the resize button on top right corner, or under the View menu. Also funny it would ask for codecs, at least on my system it doesn't and in fact I have selected it as the app which opens automatically .flv files

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

tHANKS

I'm hitting the action script forums tonight and sooner or later will land on another good find.

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

12. thanatos_theos

That's an FLV Converter (by Moyea) which is not free. Do you mean this one? Is it standalone?

thanatos

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Not the converter, the player is 100% free!

Check it out!

14. thanatos_theos

Does it require installation or is it standalone?

thanatos

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

It installs flawlessly with no interruptions except once to "ASK" if you want to check for updates, thats all after that. This is one of the finest FLV players i run across so far. Worth the install, thats for sure.

Picture quality and sound is superb, no drains on memory like i experienced with others, left it on all night and this morning was still looping through my sci-fi episodes. Must be well made.

EASTER

16. thanatos_theos

Thank you EASTER. But I prefer a no-install one.

thanatos

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

So do i but apparently options are grossly limited for that particular category.

18. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Google Reatogo a BartPE XPE Site. Find the Download for Pluglab. Install to the root of the harddrive. Then use pluglab & find the prgram you want to copy. Use the FLV player of your choice. As long as there are no drivers you can make a successful portable app. I do this all of the time.

19. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I think the Fortop one is the best. I've also used one by Sothink which is pretty good. if you don't want to install something, get Universal Extractor and extract the binaries or install it, copy the binary and uninstall it. There shouldn't be anything left behind for a simple app like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.