Free space changing

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by JOHNoff, Aug 19, 2022.

1. JOHNoff

JOHNoff Registered Member

Hi,
    i have pixel 4 with android 13 installed with all available patches. For shredding the data and monitoring of free space i use ishredder. Today i had 41.7 gb of free space. I shred the free space with random shredding but that size did not change during shredding. I went to town for an hour and when i came back i check it and it was 42.1 gb. What happend with that data during my trip. Did the phone connect to somewhere and that data disappeared somehow or what is going on? My wifi is protected with RATtrap firewall and fingbox but in the meantime i did not use any internet at all during that trip.

I have no visible malicious apps installed on my phone at least TrustD app and its vpn shows nothing.
    There must be some C&C server app installed on my phone that this data is sending out somehow!

Please advise!
    Thanks

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Are you sure it didn't wipe some cached or temp data? It seems more plausible than someone stealing and deleting your data while you were away. Is anything missing?

3. imdb

imdb Registered Member

+1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.