Free SMS

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mad_dawgz, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad_dawgz

mad_dawgz Guest

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks mad_dawgz ;)

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Clicked that site ;) but some of my settings won't allow me to go there. My ISP giving me 10 free sms'es a day, not bad.

Gerard

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Your settings?

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Don't know VaMP, I only get the attached shot.
    Cheers,

Gerard

Attached Files:

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The site seems to be with some problems... :)

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

No probs getting to the site....sent SMS to Me as a trial.....Nothing!.... o_O

Cochise, :cool:

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Now they'll spam your mobile phone! :D :D

9. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I've got better things to do instead of wasting my time on a stupid SMS website like that. Absolutely ridiculous. I can save a lot of money on my phone bill because I rarely use SMS.

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Your post seems like spam to me. Their privacy statement says:
    In order to establish your account, we ask for personal information such as your name, email address, mobile phone serial number, mobile phone number, mobile phone service provider, and preferred language. You may edit your personal information via the Vazu Profile page at any time.
    Heck, I'm not giving them information like that! sh*t! :mad:

Mods/admins just close this thread. I'm sure Wilders does not advertise free SMS services like that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  11. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

This thread got me interested when I first saw it, as I'm always looking for ways to get free services if they are without too much hassle.

Then I read further and remembered something that recently happened to my son. He has a pay as you go mobile phone that requires the use of top ups to get credit on his account. Over Christmas he noticed his credit was a bit low. Anyway, he got a £10 top up which was fine for him to send loads of texts as he was planning to do over the holiday period.

To his horror... the next day... after receiving three unsolicited texts, he checked his credit, and had been "scammed" by some unknown (at that time) method of most of his credit... and was understandably not amused.

Anyway... on contacting his phone service operator... it seems that the texts he received were from a known company that is able to "legally" do this, and in effect remove credit from your account. It seems it's all to do with "the small print" when replying to maybe spam texts or even online competitions or whatever. And it is legal, which I find amazing.

Luckily, he was given a number to contact that would then get him removed from this horrendous scam. This he did and a few days later received confirmation texts from this organisation to say he was now off their system.

But do you see... how easy it is in this crazy unscrupulous world for innocent people, who don't know the ways of this relative world, to be sucked into this type of thing.

This practice should be outlawed immediately as there must be thousands of young people, and probably older ones as well, that have no idea that their phone accounts are being scammed of credit on a regular basis. Maybe this was the scammers mistake this time by sending 3 such texts over Christmas thinking it would go unnoticed... but my son was aware knowing he should have been much more in credit. Maybe one a week or even less to thousands of mobiles is all it takes to have a "nice little earner" for these scammers.

I am in no way saying that the company operating this free sms service is in any way connected to this type of scam.

But I would advise against giving phone number details to any companies at this time, unless they are completely known to be honest and with no scam intentions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.