Free Screen Savers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by KSFINN, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSFINN

KSFINN Registered Member

I'm looking for a tiny Screen Saver that uses very little resourses. Also competely safe to download and free of viruses. The reason I say this is because in the past when I downloaded Screen Savers I got BLASTED with viruses/spyware. :( THANKS

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Don't know how"tiny" this one is, but very cool.Sharks terrors of the deep.
    safe.not free but free trial.
    http://www.lifeglobe.com/

3. bettywont

bettywont Registered Member

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

KSFINN, take a peek what my man (and trusted member) ICE had to offer back in 2004.
    Caedes is an absolutely 'superb' site nonetheless bettywont.

Steve

5. SinisterSam

SinisterSam Registered Member

6. KSFINN

KSFINN Registered Member

I'm looking for a FREE screen saver. Sorry I didn't mention that in my post. I'll have to make a new thread. I opened the page link you provided but their was no way that I could get a screen shot to see what it looked like. Once again I'm looking for a tiny FREE screen saver that doesn't take much resources and free of viruses and spyware. THANKS FOR TRYING.!! :)

7. SinisterSam

mine is free BSOD. ;-) maybe not what ur looking for? sry if u dont like.

this one is cool too. pong clock http://www.rogueamoeba.com/utm/posts/Random/PongSaver-2005-11-28-10-00 no bad anything. heres screenshot of it running on my system. upload to jottis to double check. very cool

electirc sheep is good too.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/electricsheep/ http://electricsheep.org/index.cgi?&menu=download im pretty sure photo 2 is from that. i dont remember. safe too > open source. upload to jottis. ;-).

i hope you like. :)

bestests regards;

sammy

ps. sry small images. ;-)

Attached Files:

8. SinisterSam

i try to find more if u dont like. let me know. ;-) all 100x safe. everyone scan it so ksfinn is sure. pls post results. ;-) i dont do it because not reassurring coming from teh one who recommend it

9. SinisterSam

ps. i hope u find what ur looking for. i look forward to seeing more safe and free ones i can try too.

bestests reagrds.

sammy

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

11. KSFINN

KSFINN Registered Member

Thanks to everyone for all thier help. :thumb: All I need to do now is pick one out. Thier are so many good one's it makes it difficult to pick one out.!! Well I quess I can just add these sites to my favorites list and change the Screen Saver later if I decide to. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE.!! :D

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Motion Picture Screensaver

I use this one for some years now. Set a directory in the SETTINGS and be amazed. Many preferences to choose from.

Description
    This screensaver is essentially a Windows version of the Apple OS X slideshow screensaver. When I first saw the screensaver, I had to have a copy of it, but unfortunately I didn't have an Apple. Instead of buying a new computer, I wrote my own version for the PC.

The screensaver displays a cinematic slideshow of jpeg images. The cinematic motion includes zooming in, zooming out, and panning. This motion adds a suprisingly effective mood to each image. In addition, you can listen to music from a CD, from mp3 files, or from an iTunes playlist.

This screensaver is free, but if you like it enough to donate money, please use the following button. I will be very appreciative.

Requirements
    GeForce2 or better graphics card (I know this seems unnecessary but a partiticular implementation issue has only been supported since the GeForce2).
    DirectX 8.1 or higher (If you don't currently have this or have no idea what it is, you can download it here).
    Windows 95/98, XP, 2000
    If the screen saver runs too choppy, or if images are not being displayed correctly, try using smaller images or lowering the quality slider. Although the screen saver may seem simple, it is actually quite computationally expensive.
    LINK TO HOMEPAGE
    http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~gstitt/motionpicture/

13. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Very nice SinisterSam. Just started checking out electricsheep. While I will not use the Torrent feature it does look pretty darn slick. Will grab some of the designs later and see how they work\look.

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nice screensavers.
    i still prefer the blue screen of death screensaver on linux distros:D
    and the matrix one on linux distros
    lodore

15. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

From a visual standpoint they're all certainly interesting. Even sonicfactories earth looked good. I find it easier I think to let power setting's take down the monitor if not in use for more than two minute's, say if I get a call or motion to fix a snack (yummy smiley here). :D Beside's, unless properly written they have been known to cause problem's.

Steve

16. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I concur. ;) :D

@ KSFINN,

be careful what u ask for u just may get it. :D :D

Lots of good choices. :thumb:

snowbound

17. KSFINN

KSFINN Registered Member

Believe me I KNOW WERE YOUR COMING FROM.!!! THANKS :thumb:

18. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

There were once one (or maybe two ?) Wilders-screensaver(s) if I remember me well (well that's long ago) :doubt:
    (maybe I can find it, but I suppose I would need permission)

19. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Right now I'm using I think it's called Fireworks 3D GPL on PCLinuxOS. It's mad crazy. :)

20. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

21. SinisterSam

very welcome thunderz. glad u like ;-). electricsheep very good. pongclock cool too. my favourite BSOD. :)

easter ill try urs. i have just a basic laptop to try. no real vid card. i hope it works on mine. family destops all run linux. my dad hates windows & not allowed. i like windows. easier to use. my pc is windows. my computer my choice. ;-) parents r cool that way. they r linux geeks though.

lodore i have link for matrix scrsaver 4 windows somehwere that is safe. i try to locate. ill message if i find.

fanj id like wilderssecurity scrsaver. where i find pls? im new but i like here very much. cool ppls.

ps sry my writing. i not stupid. i im too much. so it habit. k. ;-) im young 2. not sophisticated like u guys. sry. my dad give me BIG trouble for writing like this. i sorry. hope u understand. :doubt: i like it here. :) u treat me nice.

bestests regards.

sammy

22. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Hope it pans out for you. I use my collection of wallpapers directory and the results are pretty fantastic.

Theres a really nice program over at Code Project i'll try to dig up again that's NOT a screensaver but acts exactly as one like and at the same time locks the keyboard so the kids or company can't tap your keys and knock something out of balance, OR just to clean your keyboard keys. You press CTRL+ALT+END to stop program. It's pretty cool.

23. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

Anyone remember this one?
    This was THE eye-candy SS back about '94 on Win 3.1 but will work with XP/Linux too:
    http://www.noah.org/acidwarp/

24. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

What's the benefit of a screensaver? Once I had a nice analog clock as screensaver but since I have a wristwatch I know what time it is and I do not need to watch that blo... screen ;)
    So there is no screensaver, no wallpaper here (staring at wallpapers?? roflastc).

Gerard

25. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

Gee, that's great - but the OP was asking for screensavers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.