Free Partition Tool - Partition Wizard

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DLE, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLE

DLE Registered Member

I wanted to shrink my Windows 7 x64 System Volume (C) below what was allowed using Disk Management within windows. Windows stores system files out in the middle of the drive and will not allow you to shrink beyond these files. In my case my 465 gig partition could only be shrunk to 305 gig. There are commercial partition management products that will allow you to shrink beyond these points by moving the system files. I decided to look for a shareware / freeware product to use. I came across Partition Wizard and it did a great job. It worked perfectly with no issues and good performance. As always I'd recommend you do a full backup before modifing partitions, etc. This is a good product to add to your tool box.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

DLE, I agree 100% with you. PW, is the finest utility ( I use the free boot disk version) I've discovered so far this year. I've used it to shrink and move one partion, then expand another into the free space created and it did a terrific job of it.

3. karad

karad Registered Member

Yes,really a very good one!
    thanks to both of you for letting us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.