Free or $ 29.95 - don't understand download crew

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by beethoven, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

It must be too late for me but I just came across this offer from Download Crew for Emsisoft Anti-Malware here http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/32260-emsisoft_anti-malware

Are they selling/reselling the license or is this freeware? On the one hand they state "Software Cost: Free" and right underneath they tempt you to "Buy a Emsisoft Antimalware 9 License for $ 29.95 - so what to make of this?

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

It is not mentioned but I think they meant "30 days free trial"

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! I agree...it is somewhat confusing...and when I look at the Info I can't see the pricing mentioned $29.95...where is it Displayed? Software Cost...Free...and License Free...usually the License is included when the Software is purchased! I can see where this can be both confusing or misleading. Sincerely...Securon

4. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Glad I am not the only one not getting it

Attached Files:

• DLC.jpg
      DLC.jpg
      File size:
      95.9 KB
      Views:
  5. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Free on-demand scanner, buy a license for real time protection. Just like Malwarebytes.

6. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

This is precisely how Emsisoft themselves provide Anti-Malware. It does act as a free/freeware application, but a commercial license is available if you want to purchase. See here: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/

With Emsisoft's FAQ, it states:

Isn't Emsisoft Anti-Malware freeware?
    Yes and no. By default Emsisoft Anti-Malware installs as a free fully functional 30 day trial version. After the trial period you can either choose to buy a full version license or switch to the limited freeware mode.

Blame Emsisoft for portraying a mixed message here :)

We've just updated the Downloadcrew page to try and make it a little more clear though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.