Free Firewall with Activity Tracker?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by masqueofhastur, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Registered Member

My data usage has spiked rather noticably over the past few weeks. Nothing's turning up on malware scans, but one of the popups I had reminded someone of Carbonite, which is an online backup program. I haven't been able to find anything on that, but I figure a legitimate backup program may have made its way onto my system that I've forgotten about or didn't notice while installing something else. (Or malware scans were insufficient).

So I figure what I need to do is track all the data going in and out of my system, and firewall would be the way to do it, but I'm not sure what would be best suited for it. I'm thinking something that would provide a line graph showing uploads and downloads over a period of time would be ideal, or anything else that'd be useful for figuring this out.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

You could try the free version of Netlimiter which keeps a record of all internet traffic.

netlimiter.png

- Stem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.