free email workaround

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Leonid, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonid

Leonid Registered Member

Many web sites and forums are blocking all worldwide known free emails today. For an example, undernet.org, truecrypt forum and so on. I need some recommendations on free emails unknown worldwide. So I can avoid using emails from my ISP. If somebody has an idea it would be the best to send pm instead of posting in here.

I hope somebody has a solution.

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

eh? why?

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Why not post it here?
    What are you up to? Be nice or Santa wont bring any presents this year:D

4. Leonid

Leonid Registered Member

Cause I want to be anonymous. To achieve full anonimity it's not enough to hide IP. I also have to have anonymous email. Registered anonymously. That's why.

5. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Good luck finding what you want.
    I still don't see how posting "gmail.com" (just an example) could hurt you.
    All anybody could know is that someone nicknamed Leonid, who may or may not have his IP obscured, may or may not open an account with an unknown name on the posted email service.

6. Less

Less Registered Member

he is looking for email service provider.......

7. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Sheesh! You could ask that question every time someone asks a question about TOR or Truecrypt or any other computer privacy solution. We don't need to know why he wants an anonymous email address! Even though, as he said, Truecrypt forums (as an example) will not allow you to register with a Yahoo/Gmail/MSN, etc. email account.

Leonid, Register your own domain privately (under $10). Use a VISA gift card purchased at a mall or whatever and then use that domain for email through several free or near free hosting providers.

8. Leonid

Leonid Registered Member

I asked to avoid posting a solution publically cause I am not sure if any members of TrueCrypt team are reading this forum. If they see it posted here they will add it to the block list and that will get me screwed. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  9. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

How would they connect whatever domain name you selected with you? It would be just another email address to them.

10. AnonG

AnonG Registered Member

Wippies.com

This service is in Finland (English supported). You get 5 gigs of storage and adding aliases works, too. The only downside is that included in message headers is your ip. Not a problem if you use a proxy.

Fastmail.fm

Doesn't show your ip in headers but logs it for 2 weeks. A good service even as a free version.

Enigmalok.com

No ip in the headers. Surprisingly no SSL at login or maybe I missed it when trying it.

11. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I know. It's silly when people say that kind of thing.

12. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Here's how I feel about it. If they are not up to anything unethical, immoral, or un-American, then they will not mind not having access to all of my private conversations and personal information. And if they are not up to anything illegal, or abusing their powers, then they won't have a problem getting a warrant and having a little oversight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.