Free desktop virtualizer 3d cube for win works with FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

RUN and pick up this free application and it's free visual tools combo. You'll thank me. It's called YOD'M 3D and works with FDISR and pd8 so far no problems. I saw some cool virtual desktop software for linux ubuntu and all the ones for windows suck or have major bugy problems. This one for windows is great. Some cool new software to test out using FDISR!

Here's the link. http://chsalmon.club.fr/index.php?en/Yod-m-3d-about

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

A link would be nice.

3. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Like Erik said, link would be nice.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Looking at this now, thanks, i assume it also requires the recent DirectX download since it's a graphical enhancement. LoL

6. ErikAlbert

7. Meriadoc

Not just Linux users can have fun.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

:thumb:

More Gadgetry.............

Now i have one for you guys and you're really going to like this if your brain always expects desktop icons to absolutely have to lean to the Left of screen, this proggy throws them all to the right, or top, or even bottom!

At least it's different from what we been forced to accept all these years. ENJOY!! ;)

Author's Link: See i also pay attention to the Mods here. :)

ICONOID Version 3

9. ErikAlbert

LOL @ these softwares. I have a blank desktop and every icon is readable.
    I only change the background color of my desktop to make sure I'm in the right snapshot : off-line or on-line, that's all.

10. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Now i have some new stuff to test!:D

11. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Thank you EASTER.2010. Have been looking for something to tweak the appearance of my NT based 2k. This may just be the little tool I was looking for.

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Glad to help :)

I gave up a long time ago for something, anything, to snap ALL icons to the opposite end of the screen even though i been trying to make time to find a modification to do it without any luck, then this little creation fell right into my lap. Long time member at Aqua-Soft Forums and just happened by chance on it and had to share. LoL

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Easter2010 - Thanks for the iconoid. I line my icons along the bottom so it's easier:D on the eyes to pick out icons.:D

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Seems to lose it's settings after reboot sometimes on my box but since the app starts w/windows i quickly get them moved right back again with a single click and they stay there untill i fudge them again with iphile. :D
    I see reflushing the cache gives them back to $M defaults but ICONOID snaps them back again. Pretty good find this one.

15. ErikAlbert

Do you use these icons in a frozen snapshot ?

16. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I'm not there yet Eric with Frozen snapshots in FD-ISR but i have taken notes of your steps to apply when i do. By the way thanks for those clear guidelines. I'm still Power Shadow hooked for now but plan to use the FREEZE STORAGE when i'm convinced i won't fudge something up. LoL

17. ErikAlbert

OK. I just asked, because my icons moved also in a frozen snapshot and that could have been the same problem if you had a frozen snapshot. I solved that problem.

So your problem is not related to a frozen snapshot, because you don't use it.

18. Horus37

The very same website you get YOD'M3d from you can download "Visualtool"
    that manages your tray icons , and shortcuts, and it's customizeable too. Check it out.

http://chsalmon.club.fr/index.php?en/Visual-tooltip-about

I use both Visualtools and Yod'm3d at the same time. Makes it so I don't have to have a dual monitor setup on my laptop. I like the spinning cube effect and how customizeable it is. PLus it's the only windows non linux virtual desktop in 3d and it's NOT openGL based -yea!

I find it a great way to organize to keep the clutter down.:D It's like I have 4 seperate monitors now all with their own projects going. Neat. It's really some good free eye candy as well as an organizer. Did I mention it's stable? All the other free desktop virtualizers I've tried are very buggy and don't have the cool eye candy. Truely you should use this as a combo package of visualtools and Yod'm3d at the same time to get the full effect. It's nice to have a "dock" that's vista like for xp.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  19. Horus37

Just Directx9. I'm not sure if my computer would handle directx10. I believe direct x9 comes standard on most xp computers so you should be fine.

20. Meriadoc

To be honest after using cube effects in Beryl or using compiz you'd be disappointed with this. Although very good especially compared to others for windows I'd like it to get faster, update in realtime on the other pane and have more than 4 sides to the cube. Not knocking it though its okay, just my opinion.

21. Horus37

Yes finally something Beryl like for windows users. Although not as much eye candy as Beryl it'l do for xp. Incredible that it's fairly stable. All the other virtual desktops I've tried for windows are worthless they are so buggy. However this program is so new I'm expecting some kind of bugs but haven't seen any yet. I'll take this over nothing especially when it's free. If only linux ubuntu worked in FDISR we could get Beryl to work. Perhaps if I find a decent boot loader that can handle both a linux setup and vista I'll be a happy camper. So far I haven't found anything that handles that dual boot problem without bugs. I gave up after about 2 days of looking at problems people were having trying to get linux and vista to play nice on the same disk.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  22. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I used Iconoid a few days, and it became like a hemorroid for me. I couldn't maintain colored text because of the shadowed text thing. I had my desktop appearance customized, and iconoid re - set it to WindowsXP default. I couldn't maintain the positioning of the icons on the bottom. I booted to my secondary snapshot and updated/copied to the primary snapshot and like Erik says, like it never existed. I appreciate the heads up of the app, but it didn't work out for me. Too bad. FD-ISR is the best.:)

23. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

24. Horus37

Thanks Silver that's exactly what I was looking for. The Yod'm3d is cool but it's so new I'm afraid it has bugs that might have to get worked out still. Plus FDISR doesn't copy it's shortcut icons correctly now after installing it so I'll have to uninstall it and get topdesk.

25. Horus37

Can someone else download YOD'M3D and visual toolsl and see if you get the same desktop shortcut icons going generic on you as well? I'm sure someone can easily use FDISR and create a snapshot then download the software into it and test it. Anyone? Maybe someone can use a virtual machine and see? I like the 3d effects of YODm3d and would like to keep the programs but the icons changing seems kinda wierd. I posted over on their forums to see if the developer could fix this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.