Free Blogging/Web hosting

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I am moving PC-Babble.com from a paid solution to a free solution as the funds to maintain the site just arent there.

What free options do I have? I have full backups of the databases and postings that I may be able to transfer over.

2. guest

guest Guest

Free web hosting usually will spam your email inbox. But if you don't mind about it, I had a pretty good experience with 000webhost. They have a paid service and a free service.

Or you can go with Wordpress or Weebly.

3. whitedragon551

Currently its wordpress, but Im thinking about rebuilding the site. Only thing I will keep is my domain name. I think its going to be hard to find a free host. I currently have used over 450Gbs of bandwidth this month, have 2 databases that are 70Mbs a piece, and 14Gbs of disc space in use. Most of that space is Hirens BCD and Ultimate BCD mirrors as I host for each one so that could disappear.

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I've been using 000webhost for my website, and it seems fine. Edit: Don't know if it will cover a site as large as yours though.

5. whitedragon551

I think Ive used 000webhost in the past and it was extremely slow. It was hosting a simple Wordpress based website.

I kind of want to try out the new Ghost blogging platform that was funded as a kick started.

6. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I'd seriously look at dropping the mirror and use blogger or wordpress.com

7. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Cloud hostings such as pagodabox are good too, though a little hard to setup.

8. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

I just moved a site to www.uhostfull.com. They require more personal information than most free webhosts but so far I'm satisfied with the service. There is a lot more offered in the free package than most other free hosts and the speed is good.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.