Free Avira 10.x

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by magoood, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

Hi
    I used to use free avira 9 and it was great for me. Now Avira is bothering me that the support for this version will end soon and I have to upgrade to version 10 which I did just to get rid of this reminder but something I didn't like. Now, when I demand a scan on a file or a bunch of files using the right click option, I get an additional window (compared to version 9) containing statistics. This window is useless for me so how to get it not showing every time I do a manual right click scan? I'm totally fine with the report show in the background dialog box (as shown in attached picture)

PS In the expert mode of the configuration, I turned OFF the "reporting" option under the "report" subcategory under the "Scanner" category but this did nothing!
    http://i28.tinypic.com/33kat0j.png

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  3. magoood

magoood Registered Member

Hi again, I think it's something like a typo by Avira because the message that was popping onto my face from Avira 9 was something like "this version will expire someday in September" (I don't remember the exact message.)

The real question is: Is it there any real benefits from version 10 compared to 9?

PS I didn't receive any invalid license messages like these guys. All what was bothering me was this message everytime the computer boots that Avira will cease support to this version within 2 month and I should upgrade to their latest free version.

4. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Better GUI and a new features: Generic Repair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.