Free AVG - Another version?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by New Raider, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Raider

New Raider Registered Member

Is that any better than what I'm using?

Program Version: 6.0.545
    Release Date: 9/2/2003

Virus Database: 339
    Release Date: 11/27/2003

The AVG Free Edition is fully featured anti-virus software with the following restrictions:

• Basic user Interface only
    • Disabled Advanced Scheduling of Tests
    • Disabled Creating of Your Own Tests
    • NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

What are you useing now o_O If both are avg versions both should have the same virus dats and same program. Some times when a version is released that close together it is the same av it just has been updated with the current virus dat files for download. I hope this helped. :)

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi New Raider,

I'm not sure I follow your question exactly... Is the version of AVG that you listed above what you are currently running or is it what you are looking to run?

AVG Free is still version 6 as far as I know. There is a version 7 of AVG, but it is pay only at this point, I think.

By the way, the exact specs available for AVG6 Free at the moment are these:

Program Version: 6.0.547 (9/2/2003)
    Virus Database: 340 (12/2/2003)

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

New raider...
    the "extras" you list there were in the paid for version i.e AVG 6 PRO. The engine and database are exactly the same but the pro version allowed you more flexibility when performing scans of your system and sheduling of the scans,plus email tech support.AVG 7 which is now out (and more or less superceeded avg6 pro)) doesnt really contain anything more than what you have in AVG6 free apart from the email scanner which is much better than the 6 version.In that version your inbox.dbx folder were scanned (i.e after arrival of the mail on your pc)The new version scans them at thier servers (using specified ports) before they reach your pc.
    me
    me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.