Free AV and firewall

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by meneer, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To SPC from Firefighter!

The detecting percents (%) VB is publishing are weighted or manipulated what ever u can say it. The truth is behind those missed objects each AV has got.

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Thanks Firefighter for that URL to the site in Germany. I deleted EZfirewall and downloaded the one from that site, then entered the license number.

The firewall went into the EZArmor Suite again, but increased the licensing time. Before, I had until Feb 2005 on the license. Now, it shows me as having until November of 2005, nine more months. Don't know why that happened, but I'm not complaining.

Chuck

3. Firefighter

To Chuck57 from Firefighter!

Can u tel me how I can check when my licencing date will be expired by using eTrust EZ FW?

Because I'm a sort of "moron" by using the WinXP, I have not used that system restore point issues in my PC. For some missing Windows files I had to reinstall the whole WinXP and when I tried to install my eTrust EZ Armor through the web , believe me, in a minute, I got Blaster and Welchi worms to my puter, very strange!!!?

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Im on wind 98se . but for me to check my licensing info I
    >start > programmes > e Trust EZ armour > > e trust EZ Armour licensing and registration > component status .> EZ Firewall details .

5. Chuck57

Firefighter, I have Win XP Home. I go into program files and find CA. Click on it and it will show EZArmor. Open that file and you'll see license and registration. On mine, it looks like a mallet or hammer. Open it and it'll show both antivirus and firewall and two buttons that say details beside them. Click on whichever you want and it will tell you how long you have left.

I just finished trying something else and got some curious results. I checked search in my computer for ZAP. It showed a couple of ZAP setup files, both with 3.86MB of data. I clicked one of them and it told me to remove EZ Firewall before ZAP will load. So.....I uninstalled EZ firewall again and tried the setup. It loaded the ZAP firewall with EZ GUI, but WITHOUT any license or place to type in a license. It also now shows the Zonelabs file and firewall in my programs.

EZArmor shows only the antivirus. It has all the same stuff as the EZ firewall but, I guess, no license. I checked the program files, and the license isn't there. Everything works....

6. Firefighter

To Chuck57 from Firefighter!

Lucky u, my EZ FW is expirering in a year!

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

7. Chuck57

Well, Firefighter, I don't know if this one will continue or expire in 30 days. If it does, I'll uninstall everything and start all over I guess.

If it doesn't, I'll be happy. If it does, I've learned something....don't mess with it if it works. Trouble is, I can't keep from experimenting.

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know how I did it but I have a one year subscription for eZArmor. Take a look at the days remaining

Attached Files:

9. Chuck57

Bigc, We won't tell them that a year is 365 days.

10. bigc73542

i like their way of counting :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

- removed unnecessary attachment.

11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm well 2 years would be 730; was there maybe a promotion about buy one year get one free? Guess that's unlikely.. Just noticed how close the number is to 2 years :rolleyes:

12. solarpowered candle

I would delete the anti virus , but keep the firewall and download the free e Trust v7 promo . excellent combination. (some thing about the promo ....its kind of addictive and its not just the colours :cool:

13. bigc73542

I did just that and the promo will scan my comp for about 10.000 files then it will freeze up. I even cut the file it was stuck on and tried again but it froze up again. It doesn't matter anyway I like the eZArmor antivirus. The vet scan engine used to be behind inoculate but after looking at some of the later comparisons they seem to be pretty close. :) I liked the promo it just didn't like me :oops:

- removed unnecessary attachment.

14. solarpowered candle

oooo thats a shame .
    I actually like vet too and use it most of the time on my promo .

15. zyx345

zyx345 Registered Member

Just d/l the Ez Armor suite. There is a FAQ section that states you can install it & keep your existing antivirus but I tried this & I had to uninstall NAV.

After I did that I was able to do a custom install & keep AVG Antivirus & run the EZ Firewall only.

16. meneer

meneer Registered Member

This is normal behaviour. Always run only 1 firewall and 1 resident AV-scanner (a scanner that constantly monitors memory and file and network input/output). There would be major conflicts between the different security tools.
    You can run a second scanner as a standby scanner. I suppose that's what they mean in the FAQ.

17. StarFox

StarFox Registered Member

Hy Chuck57 !

What happend to your ZAP after 30 days, did it stay pro or changed to free? I guess you're back to EZFW now. Have you tried your EZ Armor Key with ZAP? At the beginning of the installation process there must be a screen where you can insert a license key.
    You said your setup files were 3.86MB, thats also what Zonelab says. Yesterday I downloaded ZAP and the file was 4.891MB - actually EZFW is 4.947.

PS: The Packers came close on sunday.

18. BerserkerPup

BerserkerPup Registered Member

Here are some:

Attached Files:

19. BerserkerPup

More:

Attached Files:

20. BerserkerPup

More:

Attached Files:

21. BerserkerPup

More

Attached Files:

22. BerserkerPup

More:

Attached Files:

23. BerserkerPup

And finally:

Attached Files:

24. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Thanks for posting the Screenies of the firewall BerserkerPup

25. Chuck57

Hello Starfox. Yeah, license or not, ZAP still kept its 30 day evaluation. I've moved on to several different firewalls since. Right now, I'm using Kaspersky Antihacker, a very basic firewall but stealth everywhere I check, and it does pretty well on some of the leaktests. I alternate every few weeks or a month between it and LooknStop. These two seem to attract me more than the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.