Free antitrojans

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by chaos16, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

wat are there only 2 free antitrojanso_O?

a2 & ewido

are there any more free antitrojanso_O

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Probably because writing these programs and updating signatures (daily) requires skilled programmers and analysts - who expect to earn at least enough to be able to feed themselves. The free versions of A2 and Ewido are feature-limited in the expectation that at least a portion of those trying them will choose to pay for the full version - much as with free anti-viruses like Avast and AVG.
    Given some of your numerous previous threads here, shouldn't the question be "are they compatible with the other 5,349 security programs I'm running - and can I use a memory and CPU optimiser so I can still use my PC for other things - and would using tinfoil to cover my PC make it any more secure..." o_O I think it fair to say that you can (and should) be using the Forum Search to find previous threads and Google to answer your queries rather than posting the same questions over and over again - people are here to help but there are limits.

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Trojanhunter works free too but!! limited and manual updating (copy paste)

And that's basicaly it :) I guess...for filescanners that is.

5. john2g

john2g Registered Member

I don't think that AT applications are any different from most things in life: You get what you pay for.

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

true John, a lot of software is payware...but there are some apps that costed me nothing and they perform sometimes even better then most payware...and I bet we all seek first for freebies lol that's why there's so much spyware to begin with...

7. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Spyware, what's spyware o_O :)

NAV, TH, PG, PrevX Pro, RegDefend

....gave up on using any AS except for the very occasional scan, but never find anything anymore since starting the above setup (I know NAV isn't the best AV but oh well). Best thing is, PG, RD, and TH (currently) are one off fees.

On a serious side, there are still plenty of good security software out there which you don't have to pay for...just don't believe they do quite as good a job as my current setup :)

Also waiting to see how AntiMalware pans out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.