Frederic Ques.:RAT [trojan] dll bypass LnS?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Kush, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Frederic ,

Sorry to bother you about this if you would please read this link whenever you have some free time:->

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=70591

And the person who started the thread,his name is tinker,and just brought up a good question(reason Tinker would not buy LnS because of this problem which he claims Look"n"Stop is effected also?."that he read somewhere about this Trojan and LnS is unable to stop it"said Tinker",but he never got back to me on that link.

(Quote by tinker)"LnS coz some site claimed bugs in it's version due to no protection from trojan with firewlal bypassing technology that uses api hooking / and injecthig RAT [trojan] dll to trusted app memory space".End Quote)Please read the link to get a better understanding if you like.

Can you please tell me more about this Trojan and why it can't stop it,if Tinker is correct?Is it a Windows flaw?Or is it a general problem with most firewalls on the market today?Or would a Real-Time Trojan protector,registry Watcher for dill's stop this dill?,or Can LnS do it all by itself with it's on dill checking on Xp LnS users only?

Thank you Frederic for your time.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi Kush,

Could you give me the direct link to this leaktest ?
    I was not able to find it quickly.

Is it linked to MAC Spoofing or is there two subjects in the posts you referenced.

Thanks,

Frederic

3. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Frederic,

Sorry I don't have the link as Tinker(The Orginal Poster) did not reply back to me,it all seems a bit unclear,but from what he is saying this RAT [trojan] dll can bypass LnS,and most other firewalls on the market("Tinker said,and thats why he would not buy LNS"),I also tried to find this link Tinker is talking about but I can't seem to find it either,and if he every posts back I'll put the link up,I sure would like to know what he is taking about,and somebody put a post in the first link, I gave you and he said "with LnS new beta driver release it can pass this test.My be it's a trojan dill in one of those 15 firewall leak tests on the internet?,but I'm just guessing?,thank you

KuSh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.