FP: PrevxEdge

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Biscuit, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'm still getting FPs from Nod32 v4 with PrevxEdge. This is to do with the old sig files included with the current builds.

I have several times had to contact Prevx on behalf of my customer to get a new Prevx licence because Nod32 has zapped the program.

Nod32 is getting to be a lot of trouble.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Have you contacted Eset support?

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm getting 0 false positives on the latest clients, but you've been told numerous times what the solution is.

4. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

He is prob doing a remote install via remote desktop. The version of ESET on the site is the problem.
    He probably downloads ESET, fires off an INSTALL, once ESET starts up, it gobbles up what's running before updating itself.

So in his case, the ESET download version should be updated to address those FP's.

5. Biscuit

The situation is exactly as GrammatonCleric describes.

I don't really appreciate the tone of your reply elapsed. Are you an Eset employee, or maybe a school teacher used to dealing with 5 year olds?

6. Biscuit

Well yes, this is Eset's official support forum.

7. elapsed

I'm not trying to be harsh, but as you know we are all here voluntarily, and I want to help people, I don't see why someone should be told the same answer 5 times. But in this case I'll take it back since it's different, there's nothing you can do in this situation, you just need to make sure eset is updated before doing anything. The best way to do that is to reboot straight after installing then the login update schedule should kick in.

Either that or when the next build comes, make sure to install that one (updated sigs).

Yes but you're not going to get the kind of support from phoning them/emailing them. They are paid for that support.

8. elapsed

<delete>

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The installers will be updated some time soon which should help in your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.