Foxit Spyware?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by hidden, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hidden

hidden Registered Member

A few months after deleting the bundled ASK toolbar, I came across this:

"Vitrium Systems, is a private software company specializing in applications to control, track and interact with PDF documents. Protectedpdf is supported by Foxit Reader, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Reader. Vitrium’s customers benefit by, controlling the access of digital documents, tracking document usage analytics/reader engagement, and interacting with readers and collecting data in ways previously unavailable in digital documents."

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/announcements/2010637903.html

Is this tracking and DRM 'feature' bundled into versions of Foxit, or does it download with specific documents? How and when will I know?

I guess this means I'm still looking for a secure alternative to Adobe. Almost jumped when the Ask feature came up, but ignorant and lazy so I coasted.

Certainly no interest in user privacy by Foxit.

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

My reading of the link is that it's for people who publish their documents on a website. To track use and protect their rights and so on.
    I don't think it applies to us, who use Foxit to read. Ask toolbar in the reader is a whole other story.

3. nightrace

nightrace Registered Member

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Chrome includes a secure PDF reader. I think Firefox includes one though I can't speak to how secure it is.

5. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Whatever Firefox has is still in development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.