foxit reader update 5.0.2.0718

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

2. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

Maintenance Release

changelog :
    Bug Fixes:
    * Fixed a security issue of arbitrary code execution when opening certain PDF files.
    * Fixed an unexpected termination issue of Foxit Reader when opening certain PDF files in a web browser.
    * Fixed an issue where the page content cannot be displayed when opening certain PDF files in a web browser.
    * Fixed an issue where the desktop icons would be rearranged automatically when creating the desktop icon of Foxit Reader 5.0 during installation on Windows XP.
    * Fixed an issue where the file name would be a messy code or its extension would be missed when emailing certain PDF files from a web browser.
    * Recovered the Print Scale function which was available in pre 5.0 versions.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

4. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Were'nt they using questionable practices with their freeware installations?
    Something about sneaking toolbars etc on poor unsuspecting rubes?
    Has that changed?

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

A lot of free software does that nowadays. And this topic has been flogged to death several times in several threads :D

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I re-installed it yesterday, and I couldn't see anything that could lead to any oversight even from a fast user.

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Got the update. Thanks, zfactor!

Updating was a big PITA for me, however.
    Previous updates had gone over top without a problem.
    Not this one... or should I say, not these two.

First it prompted me to uninstall my previous version (4.3.1.0218 ), then it installed 5.0.1.5232.
    I noted that this was not the most current and checked for updates and it said I had to first uninstall my previous version (which I had just installed) before it finally installed 5.0.2.0718.

I did, however, appreciate that this new version prompted me to select the Safe Reading Mode in Trust Manager, which if I'm not mistaken, it had never done in previous versions... I always had to remember to enable it after each new version update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.