Found bug in 2.5 demo

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biggerbyte, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggerbyte

Biggerbyte Guest

If AMON is disabled before a reboot, the demo will hang when windows xp begins to reload during the time the splash screen goes away and the icon is placed on the toolbar. In other words, splash screen stays, toolbar icon never gets loaded, and it appears windows xp stops loading anything else while waiting on NOD32.

2. Biggerbyte

Biggerbyte Guest

No comments from the peanut gallery I guess. Guess I'll be going right out and buying NOD32 now.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I can confirm this happens with 2.50.25 as well. I just gave it a go.

4. Biggerbyte

Biggerbyte Guest

Thanks for the reply man... I thought no one gave a sh**..)

B.

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it's a good find - I doubt many would encounter this one without a roadmap, not meaning it shouldn't be fixed, but it's certainly a road less travelled (disabling AMON at all)...

6. BigT

BigT Registered Member

I guess that old time PC users, like me, who are still concerned about an AV program interfering with installations are most prone to discovering this problem. ;)

Anyways, I hope that ESET fixes this soon because I always disable AV scanners when I install software...

On the positive side, this is pretty much the only issue I've had w/ NOD32 so far!

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Also on the positive side I've to date not had AMON intefere with the installation of a single program EXCEPT where there was viral/malicious content. Oddly enough, this is exactly the reason I use NOD32 - to catch the stuff I don't want :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.