Forum technical support response times?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by sillared, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillared

sillared Registered Member

Hi all,

I`m here scoping out the paragon recovery software as a possible replacement for acronis... Acronis technical support on their forums in many cases takes weeks to get a response, and not a very good one at that...
    How have your experiences been with Paragon forum tech support?
    Do any of you have experience with Acronis-Paragon and can give me a comparision? Good/bad/uglies?

The main reason I am looking for an alternative to Acronis is because whenever I try to burn recovery disks for my customers to use as recovery media and I try and validate the disks, they always fail, because it keeps telling me to insert the last volume of the multi-volume archive. Well, the last archive is still in the burner, so I dont know what its problem is. I can try it in different machines, with the same problem. Ran memtest, all passes fine overnight, and can replicate this problem with 3 different types of media, in 3 different dvd burners in three separate machines...
    Anyone have experience with using paragon for this purpose and your opinion?

Oh yeah, whats with Wilders being the former host of the acronis forums??

Thanks in advance if you made it this far down the post :)

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

If you have the paid Paragon products - you get support for a period included in that with a response time of 3 working days , or less.

Everybody can also post here - even those with old , or free versions of the products.

Paragon staff are here most days ( except weekends and public holidays). Response times here are typically very fast.

In addition , regular users of Paragon products will share their experiences.

The support is excellent.

I don't normally store my backups on optical media, - but I haven't seen anyone having problems with Paragon products in that respect.

Hope it helps.

3. sillared

sillared Registered Member

I dont store personal backups on optical media, but when I sell a new machine I make a set of recovery disks that can be used to restore the machine back to day one condition for whatever reason..

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

That's impressive - not many would put in the extra effort and time to do that for their customers.

Why not give the free version a try. It's not as complete as the paid versions, of course - but can backup and restore using dvd's .

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition

See if it works out for you.

If you like it - you may consider recommending the free one to your customers and getting one of the higher versions yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.